The Vice President, Consulting Resources is a close partner with all GG+A Consultants/Project Directors. This leader guides and manages the team of consulting support professionals who make up the Consulting Resources Team. This person collaborates effectively across the GG+A consulting community, most notably, working closely with all Practice Area Leaders. The VP is responsible for resource management, optimizing capacity and workflow while ensuring the consistent, best-in-class quality of work and deliverables for all GG+A projects. The Vice President, Consulting Resources, is a position which must be based at the firm's headquarters in Chicago and will report jointly to the firm’s President and CEO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of GG+A
- Active member of Senior Staff
- Partner with firm leadership to foster an environment of openness, collaboration, service, and excellence.
- Demonstrate effective leadership by developing a high-performance team and delivering best-in-class client service and work product.
- Develop and steward relationships with Practice Area Leaders (PALs), firm leadership, and other internal clients to maximize deployment opportunities for the Consulting Resources team.
- Proactively share utilization insights and best practices with firm leadership and PALs to enable consistent, optimized, and quality workflow across the entire firm.
- Partner with Business Development to update and refine product fee grids, based on time-on-task on actual projects.
- Establish and continually refine processes to ensure the highest quality client work and develop and update process documentation to ensure that the firm’s work is executed in ways that are consistent.
- Develop management reporting across all projects, ensuring timely deliverables, efficient analysis and evaluation of all completed projects.
Workflow and Quality Management
- Ensure delivery of superior work product from the Consulting Resources team; provide reports, memos, and client deliverables on time with the highest quality.
- Partner with PALs to proactively identify engagement resource needs; ensure understanding of the engagement by validating requirements.
- Report work quality and utilization metrics to firm leadership, identifying challenges and suggesting solutions.
- Develop protocol for current or projected team assignments based on capacity and alignment with strengths and professional goals while meeting the needs of the firm.
- Create best-in-class workflow mapping to coordinate work, ensure quality, monitor performance, and guarantee timely delivery across all projects for the firm.
- Serve as a partner and resource to PALs related to resource management and work quality.
- Maintain proficiency in all utilization and capacity tools and relevant firm technology resources.
- When appropriate, serve as a billable resource on client engagements to mentor new Consulting Resources team members and new consultants, and provide procedural oversight on client engagements.
- Serve as a billable resource on client engagements when needed to extend the capacity and skills of the team.
- Further develop GG+A’s explicit work processes for each client product/service, document best practices and training.
- Create and maintain a high-performance, energized work environment that reflects the firm’s values.
- Hire, develop, retain, and promote high-performance professionals at each level of the Consulting Resources Team, shaping and organization that can deliver unmatched quality and timely service across every GG+A project.
- Assist with firm hiring to ensure staffing projections and skill distribution mix are based on revenue targets and engagement projections.
- Proactively share insights related to engagement resource staffing trends, forecasts, and solutions.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the skills of each Consulting Resources team member, as well as skills needed for each project for efficient and effective deployment.
- Communicate with Consulting Resources team to set clear expectations for current and projected engagements.
- Design and execute an effective performance management program that identifies team members’ strengths and provides career pathing.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant and available training programs for Consulting Resources team; assess training needs for each team member and arrange for appropriate individual or group training to support consultants, in alignment with firm goals. Ensure ongoing conference learning, across the consulting resources teams.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or higher education leadership required
- Demonstrated utilization and capacity management skills, knowledge of utilization technologies and workflow mapping methods and tactics
- Client-focused experience with an intense intellectual curiosity about each individual organization and what makes it unique
- Demonstrated success managing high performance teams with a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success managing and juggling competing priorities
- Must be results oriented with high expectations for quality and accuracy
- Demonstrate agility to handle new and different tasks
- Experience using and reporting from Salesforce and Project Management tools