Reed College seeks an experienced fundraising leader to be our
next Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations. The role’s
focus is on strategic direction and management of the college’s
annual giving and alumni engagement activities. In addition, the
Director provides leadership and direction to a team of four direct
reports who are responsible for advancing the college’s fundraising
and engagement volunteer efforts. This role reports to the
Executive Director, Alumni Programs and Annual Fund.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including
comprehensive and cost-free medical and dental insurance for you,
and a 60% discount on medical and dental insurance for your
dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution
(after one year of service), educational assistance for employees
and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays,
half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities.
This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to
5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. Some evening and weekend
work during busy events as needed. This is not a remote role.
Starting salary for this position is $80,000 per year.
Who You Are
- You are an experienced fundraiser who is comfortable making the
ask to advance the mission of the college.
- You think strategically and have demonstrated success in
developing strategic plans.
- You have experience managing volunteers. Proficiency in
managing peer-to-peer solicitations is a bonus.
- You are an experienced and successful team leader.
- You are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and have
advanced equity and inclusion through your lived experience and/or
through your work.
- You enjoy managing a large portfolio of complex projects.
Setting and managing priorities for yourself and your team is
something with which you are very familiar.
- You understand that data informed decision making is key in
setting strategic plans. You like working with data and learning
new data technology is exciting to you.
- You have demonstrated success navigating complex relationships
and successfully managing expectations.
- You understand the importance of building relationships
with key stakeholders across an organization.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator with excellent
presentation skills and exceptional attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
- Develop fundraising strategies, set fundraising and engagement
goals and write departmental strategic plans, in collaboration with
the Executive Director.
- Manage a team of fundraisers and volunteer managers.
- Direct all initiatives and programming for the alumni
leadership groups that volunteer managers support—the Alumni
Fundraising for Reed Steering Committee, the Alumni Board, and the
Chapter Leadership Council.
- Lead Alumni Fundraising for Reed (AFR). Provide volunteer
management and administrative support for the AFR Chairs and
Steering Committee, while collaborating with chairs on strategic
planning, annual goal setting, and recruiting new steering
- Direct and manage all Reunions fundraising efforts.
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase engagement and build
meaningful connections between alumni and the college.
- Works closely with the database team to manage reporting and
synthesizing of data to make well informed decisions regarding
annual engagement goals and strategies.
- Manage a portfolio of alumni donors which includes cultivating
relationships, soliciting for gifts and stewardship.