NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Orange Door Consulting has been engaged to recruit and screen
candidates for the new position of Executive Director of Hyundai
Hope on Wheels and Genesis Inspiration Foundation.
WHO WE ARE
Hyundai Hope on Wheels (HHOW) and
Genesis Inspiration Foundation (GIF) are established philanthropic
foundations with a history of making a difference in the lives of
- HHOW is a recognized leader in funding of pediatric cancer
research and patient care. Since 1998, HHOW has awarded more than
$185 million through more than 1,000 grants to prominent research
institutions and pediatric oncology departments around the United
- GIF was founded in 2018 to support arts education for
underserved youth. In its first few years of operation, GIF has
made substantial grants to organizations across the country such as
Youth Orchestra Los Angeles, AileyCamp (Miami), and ProjectArt (New
York City). Both HHOW and GIF are funded by Hyundai and Genesis
dealers who make donations for every new Hyundai or Genesis car
HHOW and GIF are equal opportunity employers. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work
environment free from discrimination or harassment. Every
employment decision is based solely on qualifications, merit,
performance, and business need. We will gladly provide
accommodation during the application process upon request. Learn
more about us at hyundaihopeonwheels.org and
WHAT WE NEED
HHOW and GIF are jointly seeking a dynamic and experienced
Executive Director to maintain our current successes, drive program
growth, develop diversified revenue streams, and build community
awareness of our missions and activities. This unique opportunity
will allow our new Executive Director to advance the mission of two
foundations with guaranteed funding streams while strategizing for
Key Duties will include:
WHO YOU ARE
- Developing organization strategy and implementing strategic
- Developing and implementing guidelines for, and overseeing the
administration of, the grantmaking process, including rigorous
tracking of outcomes and effectiveness to ensure foundation funds
are achieving the missions of the organizations.
- Managing all day-to-day operations, including determining
staffing needs, contracting for necessary services, and creating a
supportive, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Ensuring the financial wellbeing of both organizations through
rigorous monitoring of budgets and adherence to financial policies,
bylaws, and guidelines.
- Cultivating, developing, supporting, and informing vigorous and
informed Boards of Directors that will provide for optimal
governance of both organizations.
- Creating and implementing annual and long-term fund development
strategies and identifying new funding sources.
- Engaging with the community to promote public awareness of the
organizations’ programs and impacts.
You may be an ideal candidate for this position if you:
WHAT YOU HAVE ACHIEVED
- Are passionate about and committed to HHOW’s and GIF’s mission,
vision, and values.
- Are firmly committed to promoting a workplace and programs that
are diverse, equitable, and inclusive, including all aspects of
hiring, grantmaking, board development, community relations, and
- Are enthusiastic about building effective programs driven by
data, with transparency and accountability for outcomes.
- Can confidently work independently to implement Board
directives, develop programs, and promote the missions of HHOW and
- Are comfortable working in a team environment, with two Boards
of diverse individuals, Board chairs, and Executive
- Are prepared to exercise situational leadership skills ranging
from task management to strategic planning.
- Possess excellent writing skills for multiple varying
- Demonstrate impeccable interpersonal skills reflected in an
ability to interact professionally with employees, peers,
executives, and the community.
- Enjoy public speaking, oral presentation, attending events,
occasional overnight travel, and interacting with the
- Are skilled at overseeing administrative tasks in a timely and
- Possess strong organizational skills that permit managing work
efficiently while working on several projects simultaneously.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and self-directed environment.
- Tackle change and challenge in a positive and effective
To be a successful candidate, you will ideally have:
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- An MBA or equivalent post-graduate degree in a related
- 8 years of increasingly responsible administrative experience
at least 3 of which have been at the senior management or executive
- 3 years of experience in a philanthropic foundation or
- Demonstrable experience designing grantmaking programs and
developing outcome measurement systems.
- Proficiency with office technology (Microsoft Office Suite,
Google Suite, social media, data management software and other
Salary will be negotiated based on experience and skills within
the range of $190,000 to $240,000. We offer a generous
cafeteria-style menu of benefits, which includes an array of
medical, vision and dental plans; life insurance; short-term and
long-term disability coverage; and retirement plans with matching
contributions. We also offer paid holidays and generous paid time
This position also has significant flexible work potential.
While HHOW and GIF are incorporated in California and headquartered
at the Hyundai Motor America headquarters in Fountain Valley,
California, the Executive Director may be approved to homebase
elsewhere within the continental United States.
WHAT TO DO
If you are interested in learning more, or would like to make a
confidential inquiry, please contact Orange Door Consulting.
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter
describing your interest in this position.