The Development & Communications Coordinator is responsible
for assisting the Development Department with all administrative
duties required to successfully achieve fundraising and
communication goals each fiscal year. This includes preparation and
mailing of all donor communications, database administration,
special events coordination, file maintenance, financial report
reconciliation, pulling financials from the database,
volunteer/intern management, and act as a liaison for the Junior
Society. This position is also responsible for assisting the Chief
Philanthropy & Communications Officer (CPCO) with all
communication/marketing activities including website
updates/management; social media posts; annual newsletter, report,
and appeal; donor communication, and other duties as directed by
the CPCO and the ED. Through these efforts, the Development &
Communications Coordinator helps the CPCO, the Director of Special
Events and the Manager of Institutional Giving achieve the annual
fundraising and communications goals for the agency.
- Enter all gifts into donor database, route gifts as necessary,
prepare acknowledgments, reconcile financials with Finance Dept.
monthly, and prepare letters for ED and Board President’s
- Keep Donor Perfect database records up-to-date and accurate.
Remove all old addresses, etc., and create notes on any
- Help with the coordination and planning of all special events
and oversee Junior Society events.
- Maintain and update all financial spreadsheets for each
- Assist CPCO and Prospect Research Specialist with the
identification of donors and create bios for all prospects.
- Ensure that all hard donor files and event files are current,
clearly organized, easily found, and complete.
- Coordinate interns, volunteers, and holiday activities,
including the toy drive.
- Advertise and fill all intern and volunteer opportunities.
- Maintain and update the Development section on the website with
news and other content.
- Update and maintain all social media. Develop ideas for
increased social media outreach; generate additional online
- Maintain and update email lists for mass marketing and
communications (i.e. Constant Contact.)
- With CPCO, coordinate communication with funders/prospects to
build relationships throughout the year. Maintain touchpoints
throughout the year and send donors material for engagement (i.e.
newsletter, annual report).
- With Director of Institutional Giving, oversee and manage all
communication materials: annual report, newsletter, brochures, and
- Other duties as related to Dev. Dept. goals to ensure overall
effective operation of The NYSPCC.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Two to three years of relevant experience in administrative
operations, with an emphasis on fund development.
- Outstanding attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strength in prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Ability to think creatively, critically, and
- Display superior judgment and diplomatic skills; excellent
verbal and written communications skills.
- Enthusiasm, commitment to excellence, self-motivation, a
professional demeanor, is highly organized and
- The ability to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and
- Ability to work occasional evenings.
- Must have some experience working with fundraising database
programs like Donor Perfect/Raiser’s Edge, etc. Demonstrated
success/proven record with developing and maintaining relationships
with current and prospective funders.
- Must be computer-literate and proficient in the use of the
Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher),
the Internet, e-mail applications, and social media outlets such as
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Classy, Snapchat, Google Analytics,
and web design, etc.
- Exhibit calm, helpful, kindly and courteous demeanor toward all
staff, donors, and public.
Salary: Up to $45K, commensurate with
Excellent benefit package, including health insurance (medical,
dental and vision), 403B plan, life insurance, and generous
vacation/personal day leave.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in applying
for this position, or know of anyone who may be interested, please
email your resume and cover letter to: Megan Santosusso, Director
of Human Resources & Board Administration, The NYSPCC, 520
Eighth Avenue, Suite 1401, New York, NY 10018 or