Development Associate / Writer
The Hunter College Foundation (HCF) is actively recruiting a
Development Associate/ writer. This role will work with the Office
of the President, as well as the Institutional Advancement
- Writing and editing grants, proposals, donor correspondence,
speeches; and cultivation communications, including business
letters, personal notes, email, and talking points;
- Ensure that written communication to HCF Board, Advisory Boards
and donors is timely, complete and reflects the President’s
- Work with the President and Development staff on research in
preparation of proposals or for stewardship and assist with
proposal writing as needed;
- Research and help frame major new initiatives in Development at
the direction of President and head of Development;
- Develop other initiatives at the President’s direction;
- Use strong writing, stewardship, research and other development
and communication skills to further Hunter’s mission.
- Track donor interactions using Customer Relationship Management
software, i.e. Blackbaud.
A successful candidate will have at a minimum a Bachelor’s
degree and at least 3-5 years of experience in a Development office
as well as:
- Strong writing skills with a proven ability to develop
successful fundraising appeals.
- Be detail oriented with an emphasis on prioritizing and
coordinating multiple projects;
- Flexible and open to the changing needs and priorities of the
- Possess excellent research, analytical, and communications
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team across
different stakeholders of the college.
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter
to Galia Galansky, Assistant
Vice President for Human Resources: email@example.com