Status: Full Time/Benefits Eligible/Exempt
Reports to: Director of Corporate &
Reporting directly to the Director of Corporate & Foundation
Relations, the Grants Manager is responsible for developing and
writing proposals to a variety of grant-making organizations, and
for persuasively communicating Paper Mill Playhouse’s mission and
programs. The Grants Manager will tailor grant requests, establish
personal contact with key contacts, conduct prospect research, and
maintain the grants calendar.
- Work closely with the Director of Corporate & Foundation
Relations to develop Paper Mill’s institutional giving
- Craft compelling funding proposals to private foundations,
corporations, and government agencies. Articulate Paper Mill's
vision, values, programs, and impact, while addressing each
funder’s priorities. Prepare all grant reports, as required.
- Primary responsibility for government grants from city, county,
state, and federal agencies, including the NJ State Council on the
Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts. Includes online grant
applications, stewardship reports, new opportunities, and
- Manage the acknowledgements for pledges and grants, including
gift tracking and writing acknowledgement letters.
- Ensure up-to-date, complete records in Tessitura for all
funders and generate timely reports.
- Work with Paper Mill colleagues to be knowledgeable about
programs and needs, and with Finance team for project budgets.
Collect testimonials, grant reporting statistics, and other
- Generate funding prospects for the pipeline.
- Assist in special projects.
Paper Mill seeks a proactive project leader who is passionate
about theater and arts education. Excellent writing, analytical,
and research skills. Familiarity with Tessitura. Understand budgets
as they relate to proposals and grants. Candidates must be
self-motivated, highly organized, able to work well under pressure,
and communicate clearly. Three to five years of relevant
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, team member, and sense of
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an
ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures
and socio-economic experiences, free from prejudice and