Hesperian seeks a highly motivated Development Associate to join
our team. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, collaborative
individual with enthusiasm for and commitment to Hesperian’s work,
mission, and philosophy. This is an excellent opportunity for a
young professional to build and broaden experience in non-profit
fundraising. This position is an integral part of the Development
The Development Associate position is full-time with benefits;
and with the ability to work in Hesperian’s East Bay offices as
public health conditions permit.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Support the Development Director in developing and implementing
specific plans for the solicitation and stewardship of individual
donors at all levels of giving.
- Lead the creation and implementation of strategies to cultivate
donors through the expanded use of social media, crowd-funding,
events, and other creative avenues.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of new
fundraising campaigns and a robust outreach and communication
- Manage gift processing and donor recognition
- Participate in drafting donor correspondence, campaign
mailings, and other stewardship communications for individual
donors at all levels of giving.
- Curate and manage Hesperian’s donor contact lists; support
implementation of new segmentation strategies.
- Work with Hesperian’s communications team to maintain copy on
Hesperian’s website, draft outreach emails, blog posts, etc.
- Support the Grants Manager in researching potential sources for
- Participate in drafting of letters of inquiry, reports, and
other outreach materials for current and prospective foundation
- Represent Hesperian at occasional community events and
meetings, virtually or in person as public health conditions
- Work with the Development Director and the Grants Manager to
develop annual fundraising plans for individual donors and
- Participate in Hesperian’s Board of Directors’ quarterly Fund
Development Committee meetings.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the
following qualifications and characteristics:
- One to 2 years prior experience with fundraising and/or
- Proven comfort and skill with databases and/or CRM software and
- Strong detail orientation
- Creative problem-solving and strong organizational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to self-manage while carrying out multiple tasks.
Proven success at managing multiple projects and
- Experience living overseas and/or interest in global health a
- Bilingual English/Spanish, English/ French or other languages a
- Experience with mass email providers, and/or familiarity with
WordPress and html a plus
- Commitment to promoting social justice, especially the right of
all people to good health
LOCATION: Work at Hesperian’s East
Bay offices at least 3 days/ week, some remote work possible.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits including
medical, dental and vision care.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send
a resume and cover
letter to: Hesperian, ATTN: Development
Associate. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone
Hesperian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions based on merit. Hesperian policy prohibits discrimination
based on race, color, creed or religion, sex, marital status, age,
national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender
expression, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other
consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Hesperian is unable to provide visa sponsorship at this