The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking a Director, Talent
Acquisition to join the Human Resources (HR) team. The HR team
serves as an integral strategic partner across the Foundation in
the areas of human resources, talent acquisition and onboarding,
culture and values, employee engagement, career development and
performance, employee relations and retention, compensation,
rewards and recognition, employee benefits, diversity, equity and
inclusion and organizational strategy and development. The HR team
aligns their strategy, goals and the services they provide across
the Foundation and thoughtfully promotes a diverse and inclusive
culture of leadership, effectiveness, innovation, integrity and
equity in service of the Foundation’s overall mission, vision and
As a key member of the HR team and reporting to the Managing
Director, HR, the Director will lead the talent acquisition
process, partnering with hiring managers across the Foundation and
serving as a brand ambassador with candidates and leaders outside
of the organization. A successful Director must
effectively serve as a strategic partner to Foundation leadership
while managing the day-to-day recruitment operations, ensuring
exceptional client service in every interaction.
The ideal candidate is an innovative, passionate, and values-driven
leader with a demonstrated track record of designing and executing
progressive talent acquisition solutions across a global
organization. They value collaboration and approach problem-solving
with a sense of possibility, flexibility, and humor.
The position, based in the Rockefeller Foundation’s Global
Headquarters in New York City, will require minimal domestic and
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the life-cycle recruitment process for open positions, on
a global scale. Work with hiring managers to understand the
competencies and experiences required for successful performance in
the vacant position; develop a global recruitment strategy. Partner
with the Global Recruitment team to establish and share best
practices for the international offices.
- Evaluate and provide insights on recruitment standards and best
practices to hiring managers and interview teams and build The
Rockefeller Foundation employment brand.
- Develop and execute trainings for hiring managers to identify
top talent, conduct behavioral interviews, and remove unconscious
- Develop recruitment strategies, job posting strategy, digital
and non-digital employment branding, comprehensive recruitment
campaign planning, and talent acquisition planning.
- Provide hiring and employment data, metrics and visualization
analytics to inform strategic workforce planning goals.
- Lead sourcing strategy, including proactive research, outreach,
and landscape assessment to build diverse active and passive talent
- Ensure a positive, smooth and efficient recruiting process both
internally and externally; create a top-notch candidate experience
through transparency and speed.
- Build an employment brand for The Rockefeller Foundation;
including new ways to broadcast and promote open roles, the
Foundation’s culture, and what makes The Rockefeller Foundation a
Education, Experience and Skills
- 10 years of relevant experience, including progressive talent
acquisition experience in the nonprofit, philanthropic, or
corporate talent acquisition space.
- Bachelor’s required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing
- Proven experience communicating talent strategy to internal and
- Experience with international non-profits, higher education, or
the international development sector a plus.
- Knowledge of federal/state employment laws and regulations as
they apply to recruitment and selection required, including
- Accuracy, attention to detail. Ability to maintain a high
degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel,
Power Point, HRIS, ADP Workforce Now and other HR-related systems
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment. Proven
experience as a team player and ability to work independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and is effective in developing
positive and productive relationships with all levels of staff and
management across the organization.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with a
demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, accurate work on time
and within budget.
- Experience within a highly collaborative, dynamic organization
and in an entrepreneurial environment where building policies,
programs and processes are necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Strategy: Highly strategic mindset with
ability to identify and prioritize what’s important in any project,
demonstrates innovative approaches to work, ability to organize
chaos into a coherent plan.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: You are
committed to the mission of the Foundation, to inclusion, equity
and diversity in every aspect of your work, and to challenging
conventional wisdom through evidence, reason, and amplifying
dissenting, unconventional, and marginalized voices.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal
abilities; outstanding listening skills, writing and verbal skills;
awareness of reputation, positioning and brand management.
- Partnership and Relationship Building:
Sensitive to organizational culture, strong professional
representation of the Foundation. Strategic partnership building,
adaptable and flexible. Commitment to The Rockefeller Foundation's
mission and core values.
- Project Management: High operational and
project management ability; proactive. Sound, mature judgment,
integrity, and respect for others.
- Decision-Making: Analytical and strong
problem-solving abilities, takes initiative, drives for results,
ability to prioritize work, communicates problems and proposes
solutions, as appropriate.
- Execution: Strong project management skills;
meets deadlines; ability to multitask and work under pressure;
detail oriented. Sense of urgency and responsibility, flexible work
style; a self-starter who can work independently as well as in and
- Passion and Optimism: Deep enthusiasm for the
mission and people of the Foundation; entrepreneurial energy around
connecting an engaged staff with the overall impact of the
As an organization, we focus on six values to advance our
culture and to continue our success. We are dedicated to
being Transparent, Optimistic, Accountable, Collaborative,
Trusted and Equitable. We
operate from a strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
in everything that we do. It’s not only the right thing to do – we
couldn’t make an impact without the diverse perspectives and
experiences of our team members. We expect all employees at the
Foundation to contribute by developing their unique perspective and
talent, and to challenge conventional wisdom through evidence and
reason, and by amplifying marginalized voices.
To Apply: The Rockefeller Foundation
has retained the executive search firm LeaderFit to manage this
search. Please submit a resume and cover letter.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of
equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal,
state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination,
including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the
Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and
applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry,
citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical
disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United
States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity