Director of Development, College of Nursing
- UNM Foundation, Inc.
- New Mexico, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Jan 28, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Major Gifts
- Academic Centers, Education, Health, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Join a dynamic team of development professionals working to advance the mission of the University of New Mexico. The UNM Foundation seeks nominations and applications for the position of Director of Development for the UNM College of Nursing.
As the leader of Nursing Education in the State of New Mexico, UNM’s College of Nursing offers an unmatched depth and breadth of education, research, service, and leadership within the field of Nursing.
The successful applicant will be responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive development program in coordination with the leadership of the UNM College of Nursing, the UNM Foundation staff, and colleagues. The successful applicant will work closely with the Dean of the College, VP for Development, staff, volunteers, and friends to identify prospects, develop strategies leading to solicitation, and steward major donors.
The primary focus of the position is to identify, cultivate and solicit major and planned gifts benefiting the College of Nursing.
About the University
Founded in 1889 as New Mexico’s flagship institution, the University of New Mexico (www.unm.edu) has nearly 170,000 alumni from its culturally rich 12 Colleges and Schools, which offer over 215 degree and certificate programs. UNM is the only Hispanic-Serving Institution in the U.S. that is also classified a Carnegie Research University with Very High Activity. Recently, Hispanic Business Magazine ranked four University schools among the top 10 including the UNM School of Law, Anderson School of Management, the UNM School of Medicine and the UNM School of Engineering.
The University now occupies nearly 800 acres near old Route 66 in the heart of Albuquerque, a dynamic multi-cultural Southwestern city. Albuquerque and its surrounding area is the largest metropolitan region in New Mexico, known for high-tech industry, the world renowned international Balloon Fiesta, and its devotion to the UNM campus, programs, and athletics.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, and foundations, through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets set by the UNM Foundation and at levels defined by the Foundation.
- Establishes effective working relationship with corresponding Dean, Director or leader of university unit for fundraising matters.
- Responsible for obtaining gifts as defined by UNM Foundation.
- Enlists senior management in furthering the unit's fund raising program; provides effective staffing and educates and supports management with respect to their Foundation leadership roles.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the UNM Foundation and colleagues to maximize the unit's total gift revenue.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution required
- Five (5) or more years related experience in development/fundraising
- Experience in higher education or other non-profit organization
- Proven ability to close large private gifts.
- Willingness to travel and to work some evenings and weekends
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some positions may also require credit background screening as well.
How to apply:
Please visit our website for application link (www.unmfund.org/careers). We are requesting that you submit a cover letter and resume.
The UNM Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and are dedicated to the goal of building an inclusive and pluralistic staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert