The News Literacy
Project (NLP) is seeking a manager of impact and data
operations. There is intense public interest in NLP’s work, and we
are experiencing tremendous growth. This is a great opportunity for
you to join a nonprofit as it centralizes its data management to
better drive our impact.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of the
- Strong analytical skills through a demonstrated ability to
identify problems, analyze information, evaluate results, and
implement the most effective solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills through a
demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet
deadlines and deliverables under tight time constraints.
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly across internal
teams and with leadership members, with a demonstrated ability to
ask critical questions, obtain pertinent information, and interpret
and explain complex information while anticipating questions and
areas of concern.
- Advanced training in CRM systems and demonstrated proficiency
in data management. EveryAction experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of online survey platforms and survey
- Experience with a virtual work environment (both technology
tools and personal skills).
We’re looking for someone who will hit the ground running, is
unafraid to experiment and has a collegial nature, a sense of fun
and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
This position reports to the vice president of development and
will work closely with the senior manager of database operations
(currently on family leave) and other team members across the
Founded in 2008, the News Literacy Project is a national
nonpartisan education nonprofit that empowers educators to teach
middle and high school students how to sort fact from fiction in
the digital age. Our central offering is the Checkology® virtual
classroom, an online e- learning hub. Since the platform was
introduced in 2016, almost 40,000 teachers have registered to use
it in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, four U.S.
territories and 120 other countries.
About the position
This person will work across organizational verticals –
programs, development and administration – to codify impact metrics
and data collection practices, determine the best methods for data
management and help the organization proactively identify and
address its impact needs during a period of growth and the launch
of a new strategic plan.
In this job, you will:
- Consult and collaborate across teams to determine impact and
data management needs, suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Manage data imports and exports, ensure different platforms
sync and share data correctly, and maintain data integrity in all
aspects of the work.
- Produce monthly reports and other reports as directed.
- Work closely with leadership and other key stakeholders to
identify relevant data points to communicate externally across a
variety of platforms and forums.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Database Operations on
fundraising and email communication specific tasks.
- Interpret complex data and generate data-driven insights to
inform decision making.
- Manage and produce monthly reports and other reports as
directed for primary and supplemental organization metrics that are
In addition to the qualifications noted at the beginning of this
job description, the successful candidate will have all or most of
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience through a combination
of experience, training and certification.
- Background in data analytics and/or evaluation.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a data management or
- Extensive experience with CRM systems, EveryAction experience a
- Strong background in survey platforms and survey tactics,
including designing and administering survey questions and
analyzing survey data.
- A demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion
concepts and an ability to put them into practice.
- A self-directed and detail-oriented spirit rooted in
collaborative, collegial practices.
Compensation and benefits
The starting salary for this position is $65,000. NLP offers
outstanding benefits, including health and dental insurance, a
401(k) plan with match, performance bonus and more.
This is a US-based remote position with minimal travel required
throughout the year to participate in staff retreats.
To apply, send a cover letter with salary requirements and a
résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with “manager of impact and data
operations” in the subject line.
The application deadline is 5 p.m. ET on Monday, Jan. 17, 2022.
We hope to hire as quickly as possible for a start date no later
than Feb. 22, 2022.