Interested in being a part of a meaningful organization that is
changing lives daily, then consider joining our team. The Loveland
Foundation is looking for a full-time Director of Development to
lead our fundraising efforts. This Brooklyn, NY based position will
report to the CEO, and collaborate with the Board of Directors, the
communications team, and various other members of the organization
to plan and execute fundraising efforts as well as special events.
The Director of Development will be responsible for the
development, implementation, and organization of creative
strategies to secure the fundraising goals of the organization and
cultivating relationships with stakeholders. This role is for
strategic thinkers who can bring in large donations and multi-year
funding. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of five years of
nonprofit development experience with a creative, nontraditional
approach to fundraising, and is looking for a rewarding position
that delivers a positive impact to the lives of Black women and
- Develop and execute The Loveland Foundation’s annual
fundraising plan by securing financial support from individuals,
foundations, and corporations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major
- Create and execute a strategy for a large, sustained base of
annual individual donors as well as matching gift.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and
- Manage the implementation of development software.
- Oversee the implementation of Salesforce.
- Supervise staff responsible for data entry and gift
- Furnish board with regular progress reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Business, or related
field required, the equivalent combination of education and work
experience, Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with fundraising.
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge and Salesforce, required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in comprehensive fundraising
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in identifying sources of
funding for nonprofit organizations.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in social cause marketing.
- Evidence of meeting organizational fund-raising goals.
- Evidence of managing special events.
- Facility in using donor management systems.
- Skilled communicator, with superior interpersonal, verbal, and
- Ability to cultivate relationships with individual donors and
build partnerships with corporations for corporate matching.
- Time management skills.
- Service mentality.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
The Loveland Foundation provides equal
opportunity in all our human resource practices to all
qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,
national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status,
military service status, or any other protected classification.
This policy applies to all aspects of the employment experience,
including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer,
disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff,
organization-sponsored training, and social and recreational
programs. All such employment decisions will be made in a