Mount Desert Island Hospital is seeking a Senior Advancement
Officer to join the Advancement team. Reporting to the
Director of Advancement, the Senior Advancement Officer manages the
Annual Giving Program at Mount Desert Island Hospital and plays a
crucial role in donor cultivation and stewardship efforts. The
Senior Advancement Officer maintains an ongoing portfolio of major
and planned gift donors and prospects. Coordinates benefit events
and works closely with the communications team to develop
collateral and strategic initiatives to drive donor engagement.
Supervises the Database Manager & Prospect Researcher and
additional staff, volunteers and interns as required to
advance the Organization’s philanthropic
Education, Training or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- CFRE or other fundraising certification preferred.
- Maine driver’s license.
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, including annual fund
development and major gift cultivation.
- Excellent writing skills, with a focus on donor-centric
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, exercise
good judgment, be a self-starter and maintain absolute
confidentiality with any and all data including personal health
information, donor and financial records, internal communications,
- Commitment to working with shared leadership in
cross-functional, integrated teams.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office
Suite and donor database management. Experience using Raiser's Edge
and Research Point helpful but not required.