The Andrew Jackson Foundation seeks a dynamic leader for our
Advancement Team who will provide leadership to the Development and
Marketing operations of the Foundation. The Senior Vice President
(SVP) for Advancement will spearhead development efforts including
an upcoming endowment campaign as well as major gifts, annual fund,
and planned giving. The SVP will also oversee marketing efforts
within his/her portfolio to create broad exposure to drive public
awareness and preference that will strengthen the position of
Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage’s as a leading presidential home and
preservation site in the United States.
The mission of the Andrew Jackson Foundation is to preserve The
Hermitage, the home of President Andrew Jackson, to create learning
opportunities, and to inspire citizenship through experiencing the
life and unique impact of Jackson. For more information please
visit our website at: www.thehermitage.com
The top candidate should have:
- A Bachelor's degree; Master's preferred.
- Ten-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit
organization; demonstrated success in driving institutional success
through development initiatives; marketing experience is a
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing
and new donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability
to influence and engage a wide range of audiences and build
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively
impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- High energy and passion for the Andrew Jackson Foundation |
Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage mission is essential.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work
independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to
manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Excellent computer skills including experience working with
data bases and multi-media communication.