About One Mind
One Mind accelerates collaborative research and advocacy to
enable all individuals facing brain health challenges to build
healthy, productive lives. Influenced by their son Brandon’s
schizophrenia diagnosis, Shari and Garen Staglin launched One Mind
in 1995 to bridge the gaps that they saw in mental health research
funding and patient support. Since then, One Mind has become the
leading brain health nonprofit committed to healing the lives of
people impacted by brain illness and injury through global,
collaborative action. Supported by a growing staff, active Board of
14 dedicated members and a 9-person Scientific Advisory Board of
the world’s top neuroscientists, One Mind has set the ambitious
vision of accelerating brain health for all.
Twenty-six years of world-leading discoveries by One Mind’s
funded scientists have yielded fertile opportunities to change the
lives of people who struggle with brain health. Now is the time to
accelerate our research agenda and to make those advances available
One Mind seeks a seasoned Senior Major Gift Officer to join our
team in achieving our fundraising objectives. Reporting to the
Director of Development, the Senior Major Gift Officer will be
responsible for identifying and cultivating relationships with
prospective major gift donors, with an emphasis on the northeast
region of the US.
This new position will work closely with the Director of
Development to carry out One Mind’s new Major Gift Program, as well
as refining their own effective solicitation and stewardship
strategies. The Senior Major Gift Officer will target gifts of
$100,000 and above.
This individual will also work collaboratively with One Mind’s
board members and staff leaders to coordinate and execute long-term
fundraising initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have a master’s
degree and at least seven years of major gift fundraising
experience, preferably in the mental health, academic or education
fields. Applications will be accepted through February 15th and
early submissions are encouraged.
- Executing the Major Gifts Program with the Director of
- Refining the new Major Gifts Program with your own donor
solicitation and stewardship strategies for major gift prospects in
the northeastern US, especially in NYC and Boston.
- Nurturing relationships with One Mind’s Board of Directors with
priority to those based on the east coast.
- Drafting major gift proposals.
- Researching major gift donor prospects.
- Working collaboratively with the board and staff.
- 7-10 years of fundraising experience, including at least 5
years of experience securing major gifts of at least $100K from
private individuals, foundations, and corporate prospects.
- Strong preference is given to candidates who can demonstrate a
consistent track record of personally securing seven-figure gifts
- 3-5 years of experience with major gift proposal writing.
- Seeking a candidate based in NYC who can travel to the SF Bay
- Skills required:
- Outstanding relationship building and collaboration through
open, honest, and transparent communication.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to naturally build a personal connection with
prospects, while matching a prospect’s personal vision with One
Mind’s vision, mission, and programs.
- Detail-oriented, organized and results-driven.
*Unique understanding of the mental health field is preferred.
If possible, address this specifically in your cover letter.