Equal Justice Works is hiring for a Portfolio Manager focused on
our West Coast partners, sponsors, and Fellows.
The Portfolio Manager works within a team under the Director of
Fellowships primarily responsible for the success of the
Design-Your-Own Legal Fellowship program. The position sits within
the Fellowships Unit which runs Equal Justice Works’ two
post-graduate legal fellowship programs and Fellow alumni
The Portfolio Manager role holds fundraising (40%) and program
responsibilities (60%). Fundraising duties include the cultivation
and stewardship of current and prospective fellowship sponsors in
the West Coast region to achieve fundraising targets and
sponsorship engagement objectives. The position ensures the
fulfillment of high-quality Fellowship projects and Fellow
experience through supporting Fellows based at host sites in the
West Coast region, maintaining connections with regional Alumni,
and actively contributing to the Unit’s overall programming aligned
to the organization’s mission, vision, values, and strategic
Experience and Qualifications
- JD and legal work experience preferred but not required. Law
firm or in-house legal department experience is a plus.
- Five years of related progressively complex professional
experience, fundraising experience or relationship management
- Knowledge of the public interest law sector preferred,
including understanding of social justice issues and familiarity
with nonprofit organizations.
- Commitment to developing leaders and mentoring experience a
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, problem solve, and operate
independently as well as working well in a team environment.
- Growth mindset with a strong sense of accountability for
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and foster strong relationships
with various stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Commitment to upholding Equal Justice Works’ mission, vision,
and values, and diversity, equity, and inclusion principles.
- Experience using databases and data analysis. Experience with
CRM systems a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel, approximately up to 30%
during peak periods, unless otherwise precluded for safety and
public health considerations.
- Temporarily remote, however, typical daily activities are
conducted in a typical office environment. Anticipated return to
the typical office environment in 2022 in Washington, DC. Open to
remote role based on the West Coast with regular travel to main
To apply: https://www.equaljusticeworks.org/about/careers-at-equal-justice-works/
About Equal Justice Works
The mission of Equal Justice Works is to create a just society by
mobilizing the next generation of lawyers committed to equal
justice. Equal Justice Works is a recognized leader in the public
interest law movement. Please go to https://www.equaljusticeworks.org/
to learn more about Equal Justice Works. Equal Justice Works
provides a continuum of opportunity that begins with incoming law
school students and extends into later careers in the profession.
From advocating for law school programs that instill public service
values among students, to creating summer and postgraduate public
interest jobs, to addressing the staggering educational debt that
blocks lawyers from going into public service, Equal Justice Works
inspires and provides opportunities for the legal community to
change lives, make careers, and deliver on the promise of justice