New York City Center has played a defining role in the cultural
life of the city since 1943—making the best in the music, theater,
and dance accessible to all audiences. Championed by a staff of
passionate arts lovers, this commitment continues through
celebrated dance and musical theater series including the Fall for
Dance Festival, the Tony-honored Encores!, and the newest series
Artists at the Center and City Center Dance Festival. The
distinctive neo-Moorish theater in midtown Manhattan welcomes over
300,000 annual visitors to experience internationally acclaimed
artists on the same stage that legends like George Balanchine,
Leonard Bernstein, Barbara Cook, Martha Graham, and Paul Robeson
made their mark. Home to a roster of renowned companies including
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and Manhattan Theatre Club, City
Center’s dynamic programming, art exhibitions, studio events, and
master classes, are complemented by education and community
engagement programs that bring the performing arts to over 11,000
New York City students, teachers, and families each year.
Job Overview: The Manager of Donor Information
and Analysis is a key member of the Development Department,
overseeing the department’s use of the Tessitura database and
providing data management, and analysis for all areas within the
department to help meet and exceed the annual fundraising goal.
This role primarily works with and reports to the Director of
Development and the Director of Individual Giving but also
interacts directly with the other key members of the department and
with the VP of Development. They are responsible for mining the
database (), using all available tools to identify the top
acquisition and upgrade prospects, and refining the Development
Department’s list segmentation strategies to help increase
membership and other philanthropic giving at City Center. This
person also reports on how the Department is performing overall and
is responsible for drawing insights and making revenue
generating recommendations based on internal and external
research and data.
- The general administration and integrity of the Tessitura
database and making ongoing recommendations on how City Center can
better mine our data to effectively implement a Customer
Relationship Management strategy.
- Enter and process all gifts and pledges, and produce
corresponding acknowledgement receipts and letters, as
- Improve donor and customer intelligence insights (through
Tessitura and other City Center data management tools) and refine
prospect list-building and segmentation strategies.
- Update and maintain an accurate database of prospective and
current donor information in Tessitura, facilitate donor
cultivation, and help pinpoint prospects for the pipeline.
- Build Tessitura extractions and set standards of criteria to
pull lists for all Development department mass communications and
- Collaborate with Development and Marketing to determine and
refine list strategy for membership and development communications
and solicitations (email, mail, telefund, onsite, etc.).
- Work with the Individual Giving Coordinator to build donor
recognition listings for Playbills and the City Center
- Use City Center data management tools (Tessitura, Power BI,
Audience 360) for membership and development reporting and
analysis, to contribute to acquisition and pipeline strategy,
cultivation efforts, and benefits analysis.
- Report on Development Department stats (member count, channel
performance, renewal rates, campaign performance, etc.) and provide
context to determine trends.
- Key member of the City Center Tessitura Power Users Group and
primary Development point person for projects related to data
management and Tessitura.
- Lead testing of new technology and upgrades that may affect
data health for the Development Department (including e-commerce
- Analyze data to identify potential Membership, President’s
Council, and Major Gift trends.
- Project lead for interdepartmental analytics projects and
- Liaise with various City Center departments, including (and not
limited to): Marketing, Finance, I.T., Digital Media, President’s
Office, and Special Events.
This Role Requires:
- 3+ years of related experience in fundraising/marketing
- Experience with Tessitura
- Ability to translate complex data into digestible reports
- Strong quantitative analytics skills with experience using
Excel, SQL, and data visualization tools
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple deadline-oriented
- Experience in development operations in a non-profit arts
organization is preferred
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Skills in organization and analysis, with meticulous attention
- An ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines
- An ability to be professional, enthusiastic, self-motivated,
and a team player
- An interest in performing arts and arts administration
- An ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced
As a valued member of the City Center administrative
team, you will receive:
- Exempt salary of $60,000+
- Comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, dental, life,
- Generous paid time off
- Pre-tax flexible & dependent care savings
- Pre-tax transit savings
- Pension Plan with (CIG) Cultural Institutions Group (fully
vested after 5 years)
- 401K retirement savings account
- Access to various dress rehearsals, performances, educational
events, and professional development opportunities
- Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@NYCityCenter.org.
- Please include Manager of Donor Information and
Analysis in the subject line.
- In the cover letter, please include what attracts you to this
position at City Center and how your previous experience and
interest will help you to be successful in this