POSITION TITLE: Director, Campaign
DEPARTMENT: Total FRD
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Planned Giving
and Endowments, Managing Director, Total FRD
The Jewish Federations of North America
The Jewish Federations of North America represents 146 Jewish
Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and
distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social
services, and educational needs. The Jewish Federation system,
collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, builds
and sustains flourishing Jewish communities in North America and
protects and enhances the well-being of the State of Israel and the
Jewish people worldwide.
In support of its new strategy, JFNA has embraced fundraising
around signature continental initiatives as a core strategy in
strengthening Federations and key priority areas. Given the shift
in strategic direction, JFNA is committed to developing the
operational capacity to support a growing number of JFNA-led
The Director, Campaign Operations will work closely with the AVP
of Principal and Leadership Gifts, the Managing Director of FRD,
and Campaign leadership across the organization to develop and
implement the day-to-day management of all fundraising support
systems and operations for JFNA’s national campaigns and restricted
fundraising priorities. This position will be responsible for data
systems management, campaign reporting, prospect research, moves
management, and donor services in partnership with and on behalf of
the FRD team.
- Execute overall FRD operations and systems strategy. This
includes, but is not limited to:
- Assess, design and implement overall campaign operations and
- Develop and implement donor acknowledgment, recognition and
stewardship (donor services) process for all JFNA-led fundraising
campaigns which can be executed in partnership with Program leads
and JFNA’s writer.
- Prepare funder dossiers for senior development and
organizational leadership in advance of solicitations and
- Support donor communication and event strategies.
- Manage standard reporting for funders, FRD Cabinet, BOT and
Campaign Lay Leadership for each discrete campaign
- Create overall fundraising and reporting activity calendar for
each discrete campaign including deadlines for grant reports to
- support the AVP of Principal and Leadership Giving in managing
the overall donor (current and potential) pipeline and portfolio
management, tracking and review process
- Coordinate internal KPIs and progress towards goals for each
- Conduct funder research including donor profile development and
communication systems for tracking new funder prospects
- Working with the larger Salesforce implementation team, oversee
data systems integration and management pertaining to
- Salesforce implementation
- Database maintenance and analytics
- Data management policies and standard operating procedures
The ideal candidate
- Brings a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Has a proven track-record of successful use of a sophisticated
CRM, overall project management, and data analysis.
- Is a self-starter able to seek out creative solutions to
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, calm under pressure,
confident and collaborative, and thrives in a fluid, fast-paced and
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, JFNA
celebrates and welcomes people of all identities and backgrounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.