The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Peer to Peer Fundraising
Specialist is responsible for the WWP signature 5K series, Carry
Forward. This role will help in the design, planning, and execution
of these 5K events across the country and virtually. These
responsibilities includes working cross channels within the
organization and working with external supporters, events,
volunteers, and vendors to ensure events are successful and
generate revenue to support WWP programs and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Motivate supporters to maximize participation and fundraising
in their communities and throughout their network.
- Work with the Corporate Partnership team to identify, cultivate
and steward event series sponsors.
- Identify and secure community-level sponsorships for the city
and virtual Carry Forward events.
- Inspire new supporters, while maintaining and cultivating
- Manage event process from start to finish. Develop project
plans, identify venues, research, recommend, and secure
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure their roles and
required participation is clearly defined to provide a successful
event, e.g., marketing, social, and programs.
- Work as a liaison with internal WWP departments to ensure each
event is successfully marketed to its target market and audience
and ensure the correct corporate messages are communicated in order
to achieve the greatest return on investment.
- Monitor participation and fundraising results, track, and
report against approved budget to evaluate event success and
determine future potential for a repeat activity.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with vendors,
consultants, and other outside resources to ensure availability of
quality resources for ongoing events activities.
- Travel as needed to specific events to provide an onsite
presence and resources.
- Work collaboratively and interdepartmentally to fulfill event
related strategic objectives.
- Work with regional teammates to support WWP’s Carry Forward 5K
- Work within technical platforms, e.g., Donor Drive,
- Assist with standing up appropriate level of volunteer support
for events in specific geographies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated, passionate, and creative team player with
demonstrated commitment to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team
environment with the ability to self-motivate and work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with
ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
programs, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and internet.
- Understanding and proven success in a sales role.
- Capable of learning proprietary and fundraising software
customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Professional presence and demeanor.
- Ability to provide high level of service to targeted client and
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team player, with ability to communicate with diverse
personalities in a tactful and mature manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify viable options.
problem-solve, and make timely decisions.
- Ability to influence others, inside and outside of the
organization, with indirect authority.
- Strong fundraising, relationship building, and negotiation
- Three years of experience in fundraising or sales.
- Three years of experience with nonprofit event
- Three years of peer-to-peer fundraising experience.
- Three years of event planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, event management,
marketing, or related field. Equivalent combination of applicable
education, training, certification, and experience may be
considered in lieu of degree.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.