Right To Play is a global organization that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play reaches children through experiential programming in 15 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America. These programs are supported by our headquarters in Toronto, Canada; London, UK and eight national offices across Europe (Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK) and North America (Canada, US).
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
Please visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code.
Right To Play (RTP) USA seeks a Major Gifts Officer (MGO) who will be responsible for building and managing a portfolio of individual major gift and family foundation donors in the $5,000-$50,000 segment. As the MGO, you are directly responsible for building donor engagement strategies consistent with standard moves management operations and populating all relevant information and cultivation steps in our donor CRM.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, you are responsible for an annual fundraising goal of approximately $1 million. There will be a strong emphasis on reengaging lapsed donors while simultaneously identifying new prospects to build a dynamic portfolio. As a frontline member of the development team, you will create and implement an annual work plan to ensure annual fundraising goals are met/exceeded. You will build and manage a portfolio of individual major donors and family foundation donors annually and are responsible for developing donor strategies and relationships to grow financial support for RTP’s unrestricted revenue.
Although some research support is available, you will ultimately be responsible for your own prospect research and will share responsibility for monitoring and identifying new areas of opportunity for major gifts. You will also support RTP USA’s annual gala event as it relates to fundraising efforts, and other special major donor fund-raising activities as assigned.
You are expected to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%) and to work/travel in evenings and weekends.
Job Responsibility #1: Stewardship and Portfolio Management (50% of Time):
- Participates in monthly portfolio meetings with plans for cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of donors, and weekly 1:1 meetings with the Director of Development
- Collaborates and works alongside Development Associate as it relates to the management of the Donor Service Model and tracking of moves in Mission CRM
- Proactively utilizes Mission CRM database for donor management and reporting, participates in global calls to remain informed of all updates as it relates to the organization’s CRM.
Job Responsibility #2: Portfolio Development and Growth (20% of Time):
- Promotes and ensures the coordination of lead generation and corresponding research to increase donor engagement
Job Responsibility #3: Donor Cultivation (25% of Time):
- Engages members of global leadership team, country directors, and US Board of Directors in donor cultivation and fundraising solicitations and supports involvement with appropriate research and briefing materials
Job Responsibility #4: Other Tasks as Assigned (5% of Time)