More than a decade ago, Women Moving Millions (WMM) was founded
to ‘raise the bar on women’s giving,’ catalyzing a major global
funding initiative and raising a groundbreaking $181M for 40
women’s funds. From these ambitious origins, we have grown to
become a thriving global membership community of over 340 women
from 16 countries who share our mission to catalyze unprecedented
resources to achieve a gender equal world. The largest
philanthropic network of its kind whose members commit a minimum of
$1 million to organizations and initiatives benefiting women and
girls, we have mobilized more than $820 million to date. Together,
we represent a new era of resources by and for women, using the
power of our collective voice and influence to accelerate progress
toward gender equality.
Women Moving Millions is seeking a Community Engagement Manager
to join our team at our Headquarters in NYC. The Community
Engagement Manager will be primarily responsible for implementing
strategies for all external and internal communications and events
marketing as well as providing graphic design skills for all
digital and print materials. The ability to multi-task is essential
to the success of this position. The ideal candidate for this job
will operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced
Job Title: Community Engagement Manager
Time Commitment: Full-time
Salary: $65,000 - $80,000 range
Location: Remote to hybrid; New York City area preferred
Supervisor: Director of Community Engagement
- Coordinate and implement a communications and engagement
workplan that includes the curation, production, and dissemination
of internal and external content via web, social media, and email
marketing channels (including text, graphics, and videos) with
support and direction of the Director of Community Engagement.
- Write and edit copy for Women Moving Millions marketing
materials, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Support the Executive Director in the drafting of
communications, such as newsletters, updates, media inquiries, and
- Manage design and production of all marketing materials and
messaging for key programs and campaigns. Includes marketing for
the Annual Summit, Leadership Curriculum, Regional Events,
Webinars, #GetEqual Campaign, and other programs and initiatives as
- Develop and execute social media campaigns for key days,
themes, and upcoming events. Manage social media editorial
calendar, creating and curating posts and digital design assets
- Maintain and develop strategies to increase member engagement
with our digital member only platform.
- Maintain and make regular updates to WMM website, working with
website developer to update and ensure proper hosting, accounts,
- Manage the creation and buildout process of a new WMM Digital
Learning Lab on WMM website, working with website developer on
design and working with WMM staff team on content and submissions
from external organizations.
- Ensure the consistency of brand messaging internally and
externally, updating and monitoring Brand Asset Usage guidelines
- Coordinate design and production of all materials to support
development efforts such as annual impact report, sponsorship
decks, event and program brochures, and direct mail materials.
- Assist with general event preparation, including mailings,
printing event materials, and ordering supplies.
- Provide general onsite event support.
General Administrative Support
- Maintain WMM communications database and ensure it is updated
- Maintain member files, digital assets, and other
- Manage the organization’s general email box, route requests to
appropriate staff, and take initiative to handle elementary
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a communications role.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills with high attention to
detail and understanding of voice, nuance, and audience.
- Previous experience drafting press releases, corporate
statements, executive communications, and internal
- Exemplary project management skills with ability to lead
multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong user abilities in graphic design and email marketing
software/platforms, preferably Mail Chimp and Adobe Creative Cloud
(InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in the management and implementation of graphic
design and creating printed pieces such as invitations, collateral,
brochures, newsletters, and videos.
- Expertise and interest in managing different social media and
networking sites such as Hootsuite, Vimeo, and YouTube.
- High level of proficiency using all Microsoft Office
applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess current and valid U.S. Work Authorization and be
eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
- Strong commitment to Women Moving Millions’ mission, vision,
values, and beliefs.
- Knowledge of the women’s philanthropy space and broader social
- Drive to build and expand the Women Moving Millions brand
identity in order to help us achieve our mission to catalyze
unprecedented resources to advance women and girls.
- Experience with vendor and consultant management.
- Proficient in WordPress and knowledge of HTML.
- Event planning experience.
Women Moving Millions is committed to the diversity of its
workforce and strongly encourages applicants from all cultures,
races, educational backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual
orientations, age, gender, and physical abilities to apply. We do
not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, familial status, marital status,
caregiver status, or any other category protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter and
résumé to Jobs@womenmovingmillions.org.