Status: Full Time /
Regular / Exempt
Salary: DOE +
Summary of Duties:
The Los Angeles Master Chorale, a
resident company of The Music Center of Los Angeles, seeks a
skilled Associate Director, Institutional Giving to create, develop
and execute strategic fundraising plans for foundation, corporate
and government giving to the Los Angeles Master Chorale.
- Research, develop, and submit grant proposals, funding
requests, and applications for Chorale programs, activities, and
initiatives, including case statements, narratives, substantive
data, budgets, and supplemental materials, for support by
foundations, corporations and government funders.
- Meet or exceed an annual contributed revenue goal established
in connection with the Chorale’s business planning/budgeting
process, working collaboratively with Chief Executive Officer,
Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Advancement Officer.
- Develop strategies for new or increased support from current
and prospective funders.
- Lead all grant reporting activities including the preparation
of narrative and financial reports, invoices, program
documentation, and media coverage. Coordinate financial-reporting
needs with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Build corporate prospect list and cultivate new donations from
- Ensure organizational compliance with all active grant
contracts, including crediting, deliverables and reporting.
- Steward and cultivate the Chorale’s relationships with current
and potential institutional funders, including invitations to
concerts, as well as education and donor events, and site visits as
- Maintain financial reports on Institutional Giving for use by
- Maintain institutional funder database and records.
- Attend concerts and events as needed to host donors and provide
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creative, results-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial
drive to generate new ideas and strategies to help build
- Proven, experienced grant writer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, generate new ideas, set
priorities, execute goals and objectives and meet financial goals
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work effectively with board members and volunteers,
providing them with strong support and inspiring them to productive
- Commitment to the Chorale’s IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity
and Access) goals
- A passion for the mission and aspirations of the Los Angeles
Master Chorale; the ability to eloquently articulate the
organization’s mission, values, achievements, and goals to internal
and external audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required
A competitive salary commensurate
with qualifications and experience and excellent benefits will be
Please submit a cover letter
specifying how your experience relates to this position with the
Los Angeles Master Chorale and a current résumé. Please attach
documents in .pdf or .doc format.