Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the
cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and
employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and
serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals,
and families in underserved communities. OBT is funded through a
mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants
and private contributions. To learn more about our work,
please visit www.obtjobs.org.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grant Manager,
acts as the lead for grants-related fund development, donor
funding, and fundraising campaigns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the departmental team, and OBT staff, this
role successfully executes all aspects of the organization’s
fund-generation activities, including running its competitive
grant-seeking program, writing/sourcing new grant opportunities,
major donors, corporate and private foundations opportunities, and
funding from government entities.
- Identify and apply for various grants that meet the
organization’s needs, overseeing the grant application process from
beginning to end.
- Develop and submit all grant applications (for designated
projects/programs and general operating support) to existing
funders on a timely basis to ensure grant is submitted on time and
within application parameters.
- Research various types of grants available and the criteria to
qualify for each.
- Compiles necessary information for the application process
through collaboration with other employees, database research, and
other factfinding actions and meetings.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of programs and
projects that are funded by grants.
- Develops and maintains master files on grants and paperwork
connected to programs funded by grants.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Keep accurate records of all grant applications submitted,
pending grants, awarded grants, and non awarded grants; submit
regular updates and summaries of grants to the Director of
Development & Evaluation
- Strong commitment to the organization’s mission, purpose, and
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 – 5 years of experience that includes event management.
- Experience in researching, writing and securing grant
opportunities. Existing track record of grant success and win
- Example of awarded grant proposal required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the New York City funding community, its
leaders, and trends, strongly preferred; Knowledge of State and
Federal funding environment and willingness to learn about new
- Strong capacity to develop relationships with community
organizations, foundations, corporations and individuals.
- Highly collaborative working style with all constituent groups,
including staff, board members, donors, program participants, and
- Ground-level experience leading fundraising events of various
sizes and scopes.
- Ability to effectively use computer applications such as
Microsoft Office Suite and database (e.g., Salesforce).
- Availability to work some evenings, as needed.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Salary: $55k + full benefits
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth
and adult communities.
To express interest in the role, please forward your cover
letter and resume via this link: https://obtjobs.typeform.com/to/WlrBXA
Enter position code 87R12 when prompted.
OBT values the diversity of the people it hires and serves.
Diversity at our organization means fostering a workplace in which
individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and
responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s
talents and strengths without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age,
national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or
In accordance with NYC Mayoral Executive Orders and mandates,
OBT requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or submission of weekly
COVID PCR testing for employment. Please contact email@example.com for information on
reasonable accommodation requests, if applicable.