ADVANCEMENT SERVICES MANAGER
INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT (IA)
DIRECTOR OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT (DIA)
STUDENT WORKERS AND VENDORS (As Required)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Advancement Services Manager reports to the Director
of Institutional Advancement. The incumbent is vital to the
team-based success of the Advancement Office’s programs and
services, such as annual appeals, fundraising events, and the
management of tracking systems for scholarship fund
availability. The incumbent oversees and monitors the
department’s donor database, as well as providing analytical
reports, key performance metrics, quarterly dashboard, and donor
lists to strategically support the department’s many donor-based
initiatives. The incumbent provides strategic and hands-on
support for the development of the department’s financial,
accounting, database coding and data entry procedures, and
completes the monthly reconciliation and annual audit.
Incumbent supports IAIA’s mission, vision and core values.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
Implement the annual fund, which includes, but is not limited to
the following responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor the annual fund schedule in consultation
with the IA Director.
- Coordinate vendors and suppliers for annual fund
- Provide outcome analysis of annual fund campaigns.
- Provide data and coordination for appeal preparation and
Implement annual scholarship activities, which include, but are
not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Monitor the annual scholarship activities schedule in
consultation with the IA Director.
- Provide staff and data support for contract employees.
- Coordinate and/or support other special events, as
- Maintain records for all scholarship funds (annual and
- Coordinate scholarship information with the finance office and
the financial aid office.
Oversee data management, which includes, but is not limited to
the following responsibilities:
- Oversee and provide hands-on support for processing of donor
gifts involving the database and update routine donor templates and
- Provide timely and accurate departmental donor/prospect
research for the IA Director, board members, and other IAIA staff
as approved by the IA Director.
- Provide internal IAIA training and support for Raiser’s Edge
and serve as liaison for Blackbaud related issues.
Provide other strategic functions which include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Maintain the department’s procedures manual.
- Assist the IA Director in monitoring the department’s budget
expenditures using Financial Edge application.
- Collaborate with the Financial/Administrative Services
department on the integration and reconciliation of gifts and gift
- Monitors IAIA Foundation Budget, Financials and Reports with
- Complete IAIA Foundation projects assigned by IA Director.
- Coordinate and manage student workers.
- Perform related other duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
is preferred, with at least 2 years of direct comparable experience
in the full range of advancement services activities related to
database administration and/or support. Strong understanding of
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Must demonstrate direct knowledge of fund-raising database
software (such as, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge) including prospect
management and research, gift entry and donor acknowledgements, and
constituent data entry and data maintenance.
- Direct and demonstrated knowledge of comparable database query
and report writing tools using Raiser’s Edge or similar constituent
- Must demonstrate proficiency using QuickBooks, MS Office and
- Experience using online payment systems, electronic banking,
and managing bank correspondence.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills using tact, patience and
courtesy with a diverse audience.
- Proven ability in working effectively with a wide range of
groups, such as faculty, students, staff and volunteers, in order
to establish and maintain cooperative work relationships.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively in a team
environment, in order to prioritize and complete tasks accurately
and in a timely manner.
- Ability to complete data analysis as assigned for appropriate
action and reporting.
- Ability to support database users.
- Skill and ability to complete multiple tasks in an accurate and
timely manner in an energetic environment marked with frequent
- Ability to work effectively in an environment which at times
has periodic heavy workloads and conflicting priorities.
- Adhere to appropriate standards of conduct and ethics,
including but not limited to:
- integrity and honesty
- follow and/or comply with senior management directives
- exhibit the ability to adapt effectively to changing work
- cooperate and collaborate respectfully with others
- participate and engage in proactive problem solving
- and participating in meetings as required
- Demonstrate compliance with all applicable and essential IAIA
policies, processes and/or procedures.
- Ability to view and/or review a wide range of
Advancement-related information effectively/efficiently.
- Ability to receive, interpret and respond to information
communicated in various forms (verbal, written, and email).
- Requires attendance at planned and off-campus Advancement
activities to include fundraising events, special events, photo
session and other job related venues.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment and at a
- Ability to use a wide range of computer applications with
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach for, grasp and extend hand or arm in any
direction as part of completing essential administrative/support
- Ability to effectively use a keyboard/computer for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver items weighing up to 30
- Communication skills using the verbal and written word.
- Out-of-town travel for meetings and conferences may be required
using a personal vehicle or company vehicle.
- Performance evaluation will include assessment of performance
results as described herein.
- Management has the right to revise this job description at any
time, with or without notice.
- This description is a general statement of required major
duties (essential functions) and responsibilities performed on a
regular or continuous basis.
- The job description is not a contract for employment.