Director of Center for Jewish Living and Selma and Lawrence Ruben
Center for 20s + 30s
FLSA STATUS: Non-
To support and implement the programming for young adults in
their 20s + 30s, by executing programs and events, and cultivating
relationships. Responsible for logistics, coordination, and
production for events; collaborating with other JCC programmers and
with staff at other Jewish organizations where appropriate;
engaging with constituents at events, on the phone, through email,
and online social networks.
- Implement and coordinate the logistics for programs for people
in their 20s + 30s including:
o Shabbat dinners and holiday parties
o Programs to enrich Jewish identity (discussions, text study,
o JSport: Co-ed Social Sports League for 20s + 30s
o Collaboration with other JCC Programs, such as Fitness,
Cooking, Yoga, Meditation, Arts, Film, etc.
- Engage Birthright Israel alumni in JCC programs and events
after their trip.
o Works in partnership with Taglit Birthright Israel to host
participants for pre-trip orientations.
o Help organize JCC Birthright Israel trips
o Manage all related budgetary/ logistical components
o Maintain Birthright alumni database.
- Liaise with the Lay Leadership Board of 20s + 30s
o Coordinate and manage volunteers to plan events and assist in
general program planning.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing.
- Create and monitor annual program budgets with Center
- Maintain internal database of programs and constituents.
- Interface with the internal departments, like finance and
- Support Center Director with other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED:
- The ideal candidate is highly organized with strong
interpersonal skills. Both a self-starter and a good team
- Willing to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and participate in all tasks
and duties associated with various programs, and events including:
pre-program set up, post-program. Tidying, and ensuring the program
runs smoothly from start to finish.
- Knowledge of and connection to Jewish tradition, values and
practice is strongly preferred for this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3+ years related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Understanding of and identification with not-for-profit
- Flexible schedule needed as most events occur in the evening
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity is a core value of The Marlene Meyerson JCC of
Manhattan. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of
us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with
the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver