Leadership Gifts Manager
- The Pittsburgh Promise
- Pennsylvania, United States
- $70,000.00 - $80,000.00
- Closing date
- Feb 10, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Major Gifts, Other Fundraising
- Community Development, Education
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Category: Salaried, Exempt, Full-Time
Travel Required: Local, regional, and national as required
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasional evenings and weekends
Salary Range: $70,000 to $80,000 plus generous benefits package
We made a promise in 2007 that we will give every high school graduate who meets our eligibility criteria (classes of 2008 through 2028) a $20,000 college scholarship. To do that, we launched a $265 million campaign. To date, we have raised more than $225 million and supported more than 10,500 students with scholarships exceeding $158 million.
The successful candidate will work closely with The Pittsburgh Promise leadership to complete this campaign and position The Pittsburgh Promise as it transitions into its next phase after 2028. This person will exhibit a passion for educational and economic justice, winsome relational capacity, solid communication skills and proven fundraising record.
- Build and manage a portfolio of 100-150 leadership and major gift donors through prospecting, using a variety of sources
- Achieve annual fundraising and activity goals by personally soliciting and closing gifts of five-figures and more, including corporate sponsorships for signature events
- Participate in all phases of the gift cycle with individual prospects and donors: identification, qualification through research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Work collaboratively with the leadership team to enhance fundraising and outreach possibilities and determine best strategies
- Develop individual donor materials and briefings, to renew and upgrade donor gifts and to meet annual and campaign fundraising goals
- Prepare and position the Executive Director, board member, and/or volunteer for successful solicitation meetings with major donors
- Maintain an organized system for prospect contacts and donor stewardship by utilizing donor contact management system and updating constituent records
- Attend events and activities to cultivate prospects and steward donors
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Executive Director and Executive Director
- Passion for The Promise’s mission
- Success building a portfolio, closing corporate and individual major gifts, and stewarding donors
- Minimum three years' experience in major gifts fundraising
- Skills and agility in building strong rapport with diverse donors and stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to set and complete priority projects under deadlines
- Knowledge of prospect research tools and processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Possession of a valid driver’s license for local and regional travel
- Must pass appropriate clearances (criminal record and child abuse)
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 13, 2022.
Promise Alumni are encouraged to apply; please identify in the
resume or cover letter.
No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH PROMISE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert