Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/)
is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted
to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted
advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of
independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for
everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our
movie and TV ratings are available on Apple TV, Target.com,
Xfinity, Vudu.com, and many other partner platforms, helping kids
and families make smart media choices. Through our schools program,
we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential
digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to
succeed. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders,
legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and
teachers to improve the media, tech, and education landscape for
kids, families, and schools.
Common Sense’s advocacy agenda - reforming tech policy to
protect kids and families and strengthen our civic society, ensure
all kids are connected to high-speed internet, and raise awareness
about state and federal benefits to low-income families - are front
and center in Washington D.C and across the U.S. Common Sense
is hiring a Campaign Manager to build and execute high-impact
campaigns to advance this agenda.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, entrepreneurial, and
experienced advocate who understands the power of communications
and technology to advance public policies that benefit all
LOCATION: Washington, DC (preferred) or San
REPORTS TO: Chief Advocacy Officer
- Build and manage a digital marketing and outreach campaign to
expand adoption of broadband in the home in California and other
- Build and manage a grassroots advocacy campaign around federal
- Manage and serve as the primary liaison with campaign firms and
- Liaise with key external stakeholders such national and
grassroots partners or influencers, as needed.
- Work across teams within Common Sense Media to achieve campaign
- Potential to manage a campaign deputy as campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in running an issue-based awareness or
advocacy campaign, including managing political and/or marketing
consultants or agencies.
- Familiarity with or experience in using advocacy communications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Management skills.
- Passion for the Common Sense mission.
- Knowledge of and interest in Common Sense’s core Advocacy
- Facility in interacting across levels of an organization.
- Ability to work well under pressure and fast deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- A great health and welfare benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision, and a matching 401(k)
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of
kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an
equal opportunity employer. For more information on our values,
please visit our statement on diversity,
equity, and inclusion.
Common Sense will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records. However, job offers are made on
the condition that the applicant subsequently passes a criminal
background check. If the background check indicates a prior
criminal conviction, we will conduct an individualized assessment
to determine whether the conviction should result in denial of