Director of Annual
Chatham University seeks a Director of Annual Giving. The
Director of Annual Giving is a key leader within University
Advancement and is responsible for achieving the University's
annual giving fundraising and participation goals, and for meeting
goals for ongoing unrestricted operating support for the
Working with the AVP of Development and the Vice President of
University Advancement, the Director provides strategic direction
and leadership for all aspects of annual fundraising and is
responsible for meeting dollar, participation, and donor
acquisition goals for unrestricted operating support. The
successful candidate will demonstrate creativity, initiative,
leadership, and independence and will be an enthusiastic supporter
and advocate of personal, team, and institutional goals.
This position will have the opportunity to work a hybrid
schedule with both remote and in-person work on a weekly basis.
Specific schedules are based on job functions and project workload
and are determined with supervisors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in annual
fundraising, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated success meeting annual dollar and acquisition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple projects
and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of
colleagues, students, and constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to affect program expansion and
- Deep understanding and knowledge of fundraising best practices
and annual giving marketing expertise.
- Experience managing and motivating teams of staff, students, or
- Experience tracking, analyzing, and reporting fundraising
results and using that data to inform strategy and
- Commitment to exercising sound judgement and discretion when
working with confidential information.
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of
- Excellent customer service skills and experience building and
maintaining effective relationships.
- Experience using a donor database or Customer Relationship
Management (CSR) system to run financial reports and create donor
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Achieve annual goals for unrestricted giving and alumni
participation in annual giving programs every year.
- Develop and execute all aspects of the University's annual
fundraising program, Annual Giving operating plan, calendar,
segmentation strategy, and budget.
- Manage the University's annual fundraising programs including,
direct mail, email, crowdfunding, reunion giving, leadership annual
giving, and student philanthropy.
- Work with the AVP of Development to set annual goals and to
regularly monitor revenue and cash flow projections. Regularly
evaluate the effectiveness of annual fundraising efforts and ensure
that deadlines and benchmarks are met.
- Utilize data to set benchmarks for monitoring progress and
develop strategies to maximize opportunities.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Communications, as well as a group of students.
- Assume primary responsibility for the growth of the
University's leadership giving society, The 1869
- Manage a portfolio of annual giving prospects for personal
cultivation and solicitation.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekend.
For a complete job
description and to apply visit:
Follow the instructions to
complete the application process.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women,
veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other
underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham
University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, or national origin.