The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) activates the
entrepreneurial mindset and builds start-up skills in youth from
under-resourced communities to ensure their success and to create a
more vibrant and inclusive society. We seek an
innovative Curriculum Development Manager to
create instructional content that fosters career readiness and
non-cognitive skill development for high school, middle school, and
post-secondary learners in the US and in global markets.
The Curriculum Development Manager reports to
the Director of Product Strategy and
Innovation and collaborates in a cross-functional manner
to elevate the quality and brand of NFTE’s educational content.
This is a mid-level position that requires extensive and proven
experience in building large scale traditional and online
curriculum. The Curriculum Development
Manager must possess excellent organizational, writing,
design, time management, and communication skills to create
curriculum from ideation to deployment on NFTE’s Learning
Management System. Come join NFTE’s team to help make
a difference in the lives of young people across the
Role and Responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain outcomes-based,
next-generation instructional content designed to
meet career readiness and non-cognitive skill goals through
- Implement and advance NFTE’s instructional design
framework and commitment to excellence by creating
and maintaining instructional materials for traditional
instructor-led courses, online programs (synchronous and
asynchronous), and web-based learning products.
- Establish, manage, and execute against delivery project
plans for all curricular content developed in-house
and by consultants and external partners.
- Partner with external stakeholders to develop
supplemental learning experiences and
build/strengthen/maintain corporate partner relationships.
- Utilize customer and data-driven feedback to continue
to evolve NFTE’s learning content to represent the
cutting edge of entrepreneurship education, inclusive of culturally
responsive modalities for the US and abroad.
- Support NFTE’s IT and Programs teams by responding to
support tickets and helping to troubleshoot Canvas
LMS and online curriculum access issues.
- Collaborate with NFTE’s Training team to facilitate and
train NFTE staff and teachers on how to use NFTE’s
curriculum, access online content on Canvas LMS, and execute
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant advanced degrees
- 15 years of professional full-time work experience with at
least 7+ years of demonstrated success with high school curriculum
development (in-person, hybrid, and online learning)
- Proven experience taking initiative to build large scale
curriculum projects on a tight deadline
- Excellent writing and content editing skills with adherence to
- Excellent ability to design creative PowerPoint decks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Learning Management
- Proficiency creating instructional content in web-based content
- Excellent communication, organizational, and multitasking
skills with superior attention to detail
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Teaching experience relevant to NFTE’s core mission and/or core
- Experience with Canvas LMS, CourseArc LTI authoring, video
- Bilingual in Spanish or another language
This is a full-time, remote-based position, utilizing employee
home office locations. Currently we continue to limit travel but
going forward the position will require some occasional travel,
especially in the support of important events, partnerships, and
media opportunities. Relocation assistance is not available for
$60,000-$65,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Generous and comprehensive benefits as detailed below.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Internationally recognized educational nonprofit committed to a
- Competitive salary with a total rewards suite of outstanding
competitive benefits, including:
- NFTE sponsored Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company match
- Generous PTO (extensive vacation/holidays/personal time; paid
- Summer Fridays, Flex Time, Paid Family Leave (up to 6 weeks),
Short- and Long-term Disability and “NFTE Time” (additional paid
holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Pre-tax savings for expenses
not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Pre-tax savings for childcare
- Transportation Savings Account (TSA): Pre-tax savings for
transit and parking services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional development support through learning opportunities
(internal workshops, external conferences, and organizational
- Merit-driven recognition and performance management
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is a global
nonprofit organization that provides high-quality entrepreneurship
education to middle and high school students from under-resourced
communities, as well as programs for college students and adults.
NFTE reaches 50,000+ students annually in 25 states across the U.S.
and offers programs in 14 additional countries. We have educated
more than a million students through in-school, out-of-school,
college, and summer camp programs, offered in person and online. To
learn more about how we are promoting inclusive capitalism and
building the next generation of diverse entrepreneurs,
NFTE is a student-focused, equity-driven organization that
works to empower youth and combat inequities in education, the
economy, and our broader society. We offer a diverse and inclusive
workplace where learning from each other is an integral part of our
culture. NFTE actively welcomes people of different backgrounds,
experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal
opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us
achieve our mission!
Go to NFTE’s Careers
page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover
letter. In your cover letter, you must respond to the
- Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?
__ Yes __ No
- Will you now or in the future require NFTE to sponsor an
immigration case to employ you for (e.g., H-1B or other
employment-based immigration case)? __ Yes __
- Are you subject to any restrictions (i.e. non-competes or any
other prior employment commitments) that would inhibit your ability
to carry out the responsibilities of this position at NFTE?
__ Yes __ No
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements
listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
A cover letter and your response to the questions
above are required. We will only contact applicants who
provide a cover letter. Due to the high number of
anticipated applications, NFTE cannot guarantee all applicants will
receive a reply and thanks candidates in advance for their