Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites applications for
a full-time Director of Advancement Services to
join our University Advancement team. Reporting to the Vice
President of University Advancement, the Director of Advancement
Services will lead all aspects of university’s Advancement Services
program including, the customer relations management system,
Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, gift and pledge administration, and
prospect research. The Director will serve as a member of the Vice
President for University Advancement’s management team and
participate in defining the overall strategy for University
Advancement. They will work closely with the Vice President, Senior
Director of Development and Director of Alumni Affairs to support
the strategic initiatives of University Advancement.
Essential Job Functions
- Leadership and Office
- Provide leadership and direction for the Advancement Services
team, including gift and biographical records management, database
management, reporting, gift and pledge processing, acknowledgement
process and research and prospect/donor management.
- Serve as the key advisor to the Vice President of University
Advancement on issues related to areas under her/his
- Conduct annual planning and budgeting process to ensure the
office provides University Advancement with support and resources
to achieve annual goals.
- Coordinate with Development and Alumni Affairs to ensure all
data related requests are delivered in a timely and accurate
- In consultation with the Vice President of University
Advancement, facilitate relations with key university faculty and
staff including Finance, Information Technology, Athletics, Student
Life, Student Financial Services, WMSE and Enrollment
- The Director of Advancement Services represents the department
on campus-wide technology development committees including, but not
limited to, the Jenzabar Advisory Team, Blackbaud Raisers Edge User
Group, the MSOE Web Advisory Team, and the Strategic Planning Key
Performance Indicator Task Force.
- Serves as administrator for various technology platforms
supporting University Advancement, including but not limited to,
Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Classy and Alumni Finder.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures.
- Gift Processing
- Oversees the processing of all gifts to the university to
ensure gifts are processed, recorded and acknowledged in a timely
and accurate manner. Ensure that all gifts are processed in
compliance with university and IRS guidelines.
- Maintain the filing system for hardcopy and/or digital
documentation for gift agreements, letters of intent, in-kind gift
forms and relevant documentation related to donors’
- Professional Development
- Participate in industry conferences, webinars, and professional
- Continuing education/maintain expertise of advancement
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support Development and Alumni Affairs events and
- Maintain fundraising dashboards for users
- Coordination with other members of the advancement staff and
other administrative departments on campus and this person will
assume responsibility for special assignments at the request of the
development, alumni, or advancement services staff as needed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not
all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or
university in a directly related area of specialization and/or
equivalent years of experience directly related to the job
- Relative Experience should also include: Prospect research,
Principles of fundraising, Internet research skills, Database
management, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak
effectively before others. Ability to effectively communicate in
both written and oral form.
- Ability to use numbers to solve problems involving concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out written
or oral instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is largely
sedentary, the ability to move is required. The employee is
occasionally required to traverse within their work area as well as
other areas on campus.
- Ascending and descending of stairs (building that does not
contain an elevator).
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role uses standard office equipment, including but not limited to
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax
To apply to this position, please visit
The above statements reflect the general details necessary
to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and
shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of MSOE to provide equal employment opportunity to
all individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, creed,
religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic
protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to
all jobs at the University and to all the terms, benefits, and
conditions of employment/enrollment.