Reporting to the Deputy Director of Alumni Affairs and
Development, the Development Associate works as a collaborative
member of the Alumni Affairs and Development team to promote and
advance The Cooper Union's goals of financial sustainability,
excellence and merit, access and affordability and
- Coordinates department-wide administrative tasks including
coordinating calendars, tracking of budgets, managing supplies, and
supervising student interns as needed.
- Supports the department’s stewardship efforts.
- Assists in the development and implementation of programs
designed to broaden and sustain the base of alumni engagement and
- • Participates in planning meetings, accepting special
assignments, assisting colleagues and providing support for all
ongoing programs and operations as needed.
- • Works closely with the Deputy Director and other senior
leadership to increase engagement with donors, prospective donors,
- Coordinates mailings, communications, volunteer outreach and
other activities across the office and supports the formation and
execution of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Other related duties as required or assigned by the
Deputy Director or Vice President of Alumni Affairs and
- Strong knowledge of development concepts, fundraising
techniques, especially those related to annual giving success
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills, including a
proven ability to interact with high level donors, board members,
other colleagues and department personnel.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and exposure to database software a plus)
- Good typing and proofreading skills
- Good with numbers and detail-oriented
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Strong team player
- Reliable and punctual
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
A Bachelor's Degree with experience in Development
This is a unionized position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.