Director, Strategic Advancement Youth Solutions
- Kinexus Group
- Michigan, United States
- $74,600.00 - $93,200.00
- Closing date
- Feb 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Grant Seeking, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Grant Making
- Community Development, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Youth Solutions, Inc. (YS) is a statewide nonprofit that inspires and connects youth to achieve a future beyond imagination. We are on a mission to eliminate economic and social inequality by supporting education completion and employment success for Michigan’s vulnerable youth. For 14 years, our premier Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates (JMG) program has helped over 22,000 young people advance their education and employment goals. We have recently launched new service lines and are expanding our staff. We are looking for an action oriented, intellectually curious, fund development, marketing and communication director to diversify funding and enhance the trusted brand of Youth Solutions.
Youth Solutions, Inc. is a part of the Kinexus Group family of organizations. Kinexus Group, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality. While this position is part of and reports to Youth Solutions, Inc., this position is employed by Kinexus Group through an employee leasing agreement with Youth Solutions, Inc.
OUR DESIRED OUTCOMES:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Advancement leads the fund development, marketing and communications functions for the statewide organization. This role includes internal and external responsibilities, ranging from relationship building and securing funds from a diverse mix of public and private funding sources, marketing and messaging to a range of audiences, cross functional communications, public affairs and public relations. The Director will partner closely with the Executive Director and other senior leaders to chart Youth Solution’s growth and strategic response to an ever-increasing demand for the organization’s programming and services.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Develop and organize all aspects of the Youth Solutions’ annual fund development plan including but not limited to: public and private funds, individual donors, corporate sponsorships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all funders and expand involvement of funders wherever possible
- With the Executive Director, research and pursue public funding opportunities through federal programs
- Lead Youth Solutions grant writing, management and reporting in concert with Kinexus staff.
- Oversee team members who support these activities creating a vibrant and productive department.
Marketing and Communications
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, program and service line leaders, and staff to develop marketing and communications strategies and accompanying materials that build Youth Solutions as a trusted brand across all stakeholders. Integrate marketing and communications with fund development.
- In concert with staff, develop the annual communications and marketing plan to drive consistent communications and messaging through collateral materials, general messaging, thought leader positioning, and by actively engaging our youth to tell their stories.
- Oversee staff who support these activities creating a vibrant and productive department.
- Support the Executive Director in leading a dynamic and high performing Board of Directors.
- Enhance organizational excellence by leading the development of strategies that will maximize the synergies among departments and within the larger Kinexus Group.
- 5+ years in a management position, preferably in a nonprofit organization, foundation or government agency including at least 3 years with direct staff management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, communications, marketing, business or a related field is a requirement, master’s degree is highly preferred
- Track record of secured funds from a range of sources, past grant management experience a big plus
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and foster positive culture
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people, from diverse backgrounds
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined.
- Spark, imagination and creativity.
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
- Travel a requirement of the position with some overnight stays
- Flexible with remote work an option; requirements to travel to administrative headquarters for in-person meetings.
- Competitive salary and benefits, growth opportunities
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 20% of the time between Berrien, Cass, and Van Buren counties.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A robust onboarding experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and development to ensure you are established and growing in your role.
- Cross Operational Meetings with your peers.
We have a unique culture that requires us to be BOLD, INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL, and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding someone that adds to our culture is extremely important. It is our goal to inspire positive economic change one person, one business, and one community at a time.
Kinexus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids, reasonable accommodations and/or services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center: 711 Voice and TDD. Kinexus is a partner of American Job Centers.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert