ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Youth Solutions, Inc. (YS) is a statewide nonprofit that
inspires and connects youth to achieve a future beyond imagination.
We are on a mission to eliminate economic and social inequality by
supporting education completion and employment success for
Michigan’s vulnerable youth. For 14 years, our premier Jobs
for Michigan’s Graduates (JMG) program has helped over 22,000 young
people advance their education and employment goals. We have
recently launched new service lines and are expanding our
staff. We are looking for an action oriented, intellectually
curious, fund development, marketing and communication director to
diversify funding and enhance the trusted brand of Youth
Youth Solutions, Inc. is a part of the Kinexus Group family of
organizations. Kinexus Group, recently recognized as one of
Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Best Nonprofits to
Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with
growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We
are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and
community challenges to promote economic vitality. While this
position is part of and reports to Youth Solutions, Inc., this
position is employed by Kinexus Group through an employee leasing
agreement with Youth Solutions, Inc.
OUR DESIRED OUTCOMES:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Advancement
leads the fund development, marketing and communications functions
for the statewide organization. This role includes internal and
external responsibilities, ranging from relationship building and
securing funds from a diverse mix of public and private funding
sources, marketing and messaging to a range of audiences, cross
functional communications, public affairs and public relations. The
Director will partner closely with the Executive Director and other
senior leaders to chart Youth Solution’s growth and strategic
response to an ever-increasing demand for the organization’s
programming and services.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Develop and organize all aspects of the Youth Solutions’ annual
fund development plan including but not limited to: public and
private funds, individual donors, corporate sponsorships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all funders and expand
involvement of funders wherever possible
- With the Executive Director, research and pursue public funding
opportunities through federal programs
- Lead Youth Solutions grant writing, management and reporting in
concert with Kinexus staff.
- Oversee team members who support these activities creating a
vibrant and productive department.
Marketing and Communications
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, program and service
line leaders, and staff to develop marketing and communications
strategies and accompanying materials that build Youth Solutions as
a trusted brand across all stakeholders. Integrate marketing and
communications with fund development.
- In concert with staff, develop the annual communications and
marketing plan to drive consistent communications and messaging
through collateral materials, general messaging, thought leader
positioning, and by actively engaging our youth to tell their
- Oversee staff who support these activities creating a vibrant
and productive department.
- Support the Executive Director in leading a dynamic and high
performing Board of Directors.
- Enhance organizational excellence by leading the development of
strategies that will maximize the synergies among departments and
within the larger Kinexus Group.
- 5+ years in a management position, preferably in a nonprofit
organization, foundation or government agency including at
least 3 years with direct staff management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, communications,
marketing, business or a related field is a requirement, master’s
degree is highly preferred
- Track record of secured funds from a range of sources, past
grant management experience a big plus
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while
responding to multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and foster
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a
wide array of people, from diverse backgrounds
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal
- Self-starter, self-disciplined.
- Spark, imagination and creativity.
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against
timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time
- Travel a requirement of the position with some overnight
- Flexible with remote work an option; requirements to travel to
administrative headquarters for in-person
- Competitive salary and benefits, growth opportunities
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 20% of the
time between Berrien, Cass, and Van Buren counties.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A robust onboarding
experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training
in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and
development to ensure you are established and growing in your
- Cross Operational
Meetings with your peers.
We have a unique culture that requires us to be BOLD,
INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL, and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking
hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding
someone that adds to our culture is extremely important. It is our
goal to inspire positive economic change one person, one business,
and one community at a time.
Kinexus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.
Auxiliary aids, reasonable accommodations and/or services are
available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Michigan
Relay Center: 711 Voice and TDD. Kinexus is a partner of American