92Y is looking for an Associate, Development and Major
Gifts to join the Development Team.
The Associate, Development and Major Gifts is an integral member
of the Development Department. The Associate plays a key role in
the daily operations of the department and supports the Chief
Development Officer and the team of Major Gifts and Planned Giving
Officers. The Associate, Development and Major Gifts assists in
improving the various systems that support the department in
achieving the required contributed revenue financial targets. The
Associate, Development and Major Gifts reports to the Chief
Development Officer and the Vice President, Major Gifts and Special
- Provide regular administrative support to the Chief Development
- Manage the acknowledgment process for all major gift, board,
capital, and special campaign gifts, ensuring relevant, timely,
error-free communications that inspire donors to feel valued and
loyal to the organization.
- Provide support for the production of all major gift, planned
giving and special campaign mailings, including quarterly
solicitations, renewals and special appeals.
- Prepare donor gift invoices and gift commitment forms for major
gifts team as needed.
- Pull lists for all major gift solicitations and manage the
major gift solicitation calendar
- In support of gift officers, compile information for reports
and proposals and assist in the editing and routing process.
- Track all mailings and donor outreach and assist gift officers
and directors maintaining their plans, ensuring that important
information is recorded and easily analyzed.
- Provide daily report on all $500+ IG donors to the President
and other Development staff.
- Assist with donor research and prospecting when needed.
- Field calls from donors/patrons calling the main office line.
Act as a front line for donor and prospect inquiries.
- Assist CDO and Major Gifts and Special Events team on special
projects and events.
- Reconcile team expenses in Blackbaud in coordination with
Financial Management policies.
- Participate in team meetings to discuss prospects and
- Provide overall administrative support to the Development
Department and Major Gifts and Special Events Team, including the
scheduling of monthly meetings, securing space and preparing
meeting materials. Also, responsible for updating telephone
directory, ordering business cards and various other supplies as
- Support the Development team’s use of the Tessitura database by
assisting gift officers in data entry to ensure the capturing of
most complete donor information.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience that includes
previous internships or positions in fundraising
- 2+ years of experience in an office setting, preferably in a
development office, with the potential and aspirations to build a
career within the field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an eye for
detail and an articulate telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational skills including self-management of
work schedule, ability to multi-task, and prioritize in a
- Skilled relationship builder with the diplomacy and poise
required to deal with patrons, including major and high-profile
- Effective team worker who demonstrates a collaborative approach
when working with colleagues.
- Interest in advancing the mission of 92nd Street Y.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office; with previous Tessitura or
donor database experience a plus.
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm with a one-hour unpaid lunch break
for a total of 40 hours per week.
- All 92Y employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination