We are seeking a hard-working, dependable, and highly organized
Foundation and Database Administrator to serve as an integral
member of our small team who will provide essential administrative,
grantmaking and office management support to the Foundation and its
executives. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly
organized individual who is interested in the nonprofit or
philanthropic sectors and is seeking to advance their career. The
individual should have database management experience or is an
adaptive learner willing to undertake an intensive database
onboarding and training period.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not
Grant and Database Management:
- Manage all aspects of FLUXX online grants management platform,
which may include draft grant agreements, write proposal summaries,
create new user accounts, provide technical support and
basic training to internal users, grantees, and
- Provide administrative support for grants processing, including
review and audit grant applications and reports for compliance with
data integrity standards and grant application procedures.
- Maintain required record keeping for grants, including detailed
excel spreadsheets, assembling file folders and adding
documentation to database.
- Support FLUXX platform maintenance and upgrades. Identify,
recommend, test and implement approved updates and
- Serve as Foundation liaison to Fluxx.
- Administer the foundation’s DocuSign account and workflow.
- Participate in training and educational opportunities to
augment knowledge and experience in all aspects of database and
Administrative Assistance and Office Management:
- Manage President and Executive Director’s calendars, including
heavy scheduling and confirmation of meetings. (virtual and
in-person). Send daily meeting calendar to President.
- Provide support for meetings, which may include ordering meals,
compiling meeting materials, assembling binders, collecting RSVPs,
greeting guests, taking minutes, testing IT hardware and software,
and providing any needed meeting set-up or clean-up.
- Manage Executives’ work-related travel and logistical
arrangements, including registrations, booking flights and ground
transportation, reserving hotels, arranging meals, etc.
- Process monthly expense and reimbursement reports.
- Support writing assignments, which may include drafting or
editing correspondence, tribute ads, articles, or summary
- Maintain annual foundation holiday calendar, board meeting
calendar and contact list.
- Perform general office duties such as answering phones/emails,
monitoring office supply inventory, maintaining common office areas
and equipment, managing mail and correspondence, running errands,
managing digital and hardcopy files.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree from an accredited
- Minimum 5 Years Full-Time Experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Fluxx Grants Management or
similar cloud-based grants management application.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of computer
software applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft 365,
Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Detail oriented with great organization skills.
- Effectively prioritize, multi-task and manage time to support
the work of various functions.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in
- Takes initiative, as appropriate, and can work well
independently and as part of a team.
- Protect sensitive information by maintaining the highest level
of discretion and confidentiality.
- Positive attitude and strong sense of integrity.
- Desire to support a small team and work in a small
Desired but not required Qualifications, Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Previous database management and administrative experience
- Knowledge of principles and practices of grants management and
- Knowledge of document and records management
- Familiarity with web coding (HTML, etc.) and editing
- Certified Georgia notary or willingness to receive notary
certification within first 90 days.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to
Please note "Foundation and Database Administrator" in the
subject line of the email.
No phone inquiries, please.
The Zalik Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and
welcomes a diverse candidate pool.