Vice President for Development
Flexible; preference for Washington, DC; The Plains, VA
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy
(ABC). American Bird Conservancy is a fast-growing, results-focused
wildlife conservation non-profit seeking employees with an
entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to make a difference for birds
throughout the Americas. ABC takes on the greatest problems facing
birds today, innovating and building on rapid advancements in
science to halt extinctions, protect habitats, eliminate threats,
and build capacity for bird conservation.
The ABC Grants Officer’s principal responsibility is to support
the fundraising and conservation teams in their stewardship of
grants from donors to American Bird Conservancy. The Grants Officer
should be extremely diligent and detail-oriented, with a strong
background in non-profit grants and an understanding of budgets,
match requirements, project tracking, and fundraising timelines.
This position requires computer proficiency, excellent
organizational and writing skills, a data-driven mindset, and
willingness to quickly learn and adopt ABC programs and
- Contribute to proposal and budget development, including
editing and review of documents to ensure compliance with
organizational policies and procedures.
- Assist with donor reporting, including organizing reporting
documents, assembling information, and reviewing donor reports with
- Review grants and contracts for organizational adherence to
required federal and other donor requirements.
- Support the development team as needed throughout the grant
life cycle on financial and operational aspects of project
implementation, including tracking grant/contract reporting, match
requirements, and other administrative requirements.
- Maintain and support revenue tracking systems; update the
system for new fiscal years; and provide training on systems to
- Develop, maintain, and process grants/contracts files.
- Serve as a liaison with the Conservation, Finance and
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Three or more years of relevant, full time experience in grants
and contracts administration. Experience with government grants
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Attention to deadlines and detail-oriented, particularly with
regard to donor agreements, contracts and other related legal
- Team player, and able to work independently.
- Strong MS Office skills, including demonstrated experience
working with databases.
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining
- US work authorization is required for all US opportunities. ABC
cannot offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Dedication to American Bird Conservancy’s conservation
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Background screening required.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Benefits include medical, medical flex, and 403(b) plan.
- Paid vacation days (15), holidays (10+), and sick leave.
Please apply online at Bamboo HR: https://abcbirds.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=123
If you have any difficulties uploading your resume and cover
letter, then please send them as ONE document to
At American Bird Conservancy, we believe that a diversity of
backgrounds, perspectives, and skills makes us more effective. We
are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work
environment for all of our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, ABC is committed to
ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal
opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry,
sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other
factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.