Annual Giving Officer
- Silver Hill Hospital
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Feb 18, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Setting the Standard for Exceptional Care
For ninety years, Silver Hill Hospital has been at the forefront of psychiatry and leading the way in providing the best treatment for psychiatric illnesses and addiction. Under the direction of Andrew Gerber, our new President and Medical Director, there is a renewed sense of energy, excitement and direction on campus. The work of the advancement team will facilitate the philanthropic support needed to take Silver Hill to new heights, allowing us to better serve our patients and have a greater impact on the field of mental health.
Annual Giving OfficerReporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the Annual Giving Officer oversee all facets of fundraising related to the annual fund, grateful patient, and midlevel giving programs as an integral part of the overall fundraising program for Silver Hill Hospital.
The Annual Giving Officer is responsible for the broad operational oversight of these programs, along with development and implementation of strategy, which includes setting and meeting all goals; implementation of a strategic vision of the annual fund as it applies to these programs; focusing on personal solicitations of $1,000–$10,000; setting and monitoring budgets; and implementing systems, procedures, and practices for the most effective collaboration among staff in Advancement and throughout Silver Hill Hospital.
Determine and oversee strategy for effective prospect research screening and integration of key data into the database.
- Annual Fund Program Management - create, implement, evaluate, and oversee all aspects in a comprehensive, multiyear, annual fund program to increase unrestricted donors and dollars through direct mail, e-mail and social media programs.
- Midlevel Giving Program Management - Manage and solicit gifts from a pool of leadership ($1,000 to $10,000) annual fund prospects, setting strategy, cultivating and reporting on progress, and determining the most effective approach to develop philanthropy.
- Grateful Patient Program Management - Oversee the further development, implementation, and coordination of the operations of a nascent Grateful Patient fundraising program at Silver Hill Hospital.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum three-five years professional experience. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of development and fundraising, with an understanding of individual giving programs and detailed understanding of annual fundraising programs, such as direct mail and personal solicitation programs, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in personally soliciting gifts of $1,000 or more.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong emotional intelligence, sensitivity, and listening skills
- Eagerness to learn and openness to coaching
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and with colleagues across an organization
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature judgement and experience working with complex, goal-driven individuals
- Ability to manage one’s time well, while being part of a highly productive office environment
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental benefits including HSA and 401K
- Paid sick time, vacation days and paid holidays.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
Please submit a cover letter with your
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply by February 15th.
Silver Hill Hospital
208 Valley Road, New Canaan, CT 06840
Silver Hill Hospital has mandated the COVID-19
vaccination for all staff, contractors, consultants, students and
volunteers. For more information, or accommodation questions,
please reach out to the Human Resources Department.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert