Setting the Standard for Exceptional
For ninety years, Silver Hill Hospital has been at the forefront
of psychiatry and leading the way in providing the best treatment
for psychiatric illnesses and addiction. Under the direction of
Andrew Gerber, our new President and Medical Director, there is a
renewed sense of energy, excitement and direction on campus. The
work of the advancement team will facilitate the philanthropic
support needed to take Silver Hill to new heights, allowing us to
better serve our patients and have a greater impact on the field of
Annual Giving Officer
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the
Annual Giving Officer oversee all facets of fundraising related to
the annual fund, grateful patient, and midlevel giving programs as
an integral part of the overall fundraising program for Silver Hill
The Annual Giving Officer is responsible for the broad
operational oversight of these programs, along with development and
implementation of strategy, which includes setting and meeting all
goals; implementation of a strategic vision of the annual fund as
it applies to these programs; focusing on personal solicitations of
$1,000–$10,000; setting and monitoring budgets; and implementing
systems, procedures, and practices for the most effective
collaboration among staff in Advancement and throughout Silver Hill
Determine and oversee strategy for effective prospect research
screening and integration of key data into the database.
- Annual Fund Program Management - create,
implement, evaluate, and oversee all aspects in a comprehensive,
multiyear, annual fund program to increase unrestricted donors and
dollars through direct mail, e-mail and social media programs.
- Midlevel Giving Program Management -
Manage and solicit gifts from a pool of leadership ($1,000 to
$10,000) annual fund prospects, setting strategy, cultivating and
reporting on progress, and determining the most effective approach
to develop philanthropy.
- Grateful Patient Program Management -
Oversee the further development, implementation, and coordination
of the operations of a nascent Grateful Patient fundraising program
at Silver Hill Hospital.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum three-five years professional experience. Thorough
knowledge of the principles and practices of development and
fundraising, with an understanding of individual giving programs
and detailed understanding of annual fundraising programs, such as
direct mail and personal solicitation programs, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in personally soliciting gifts of
$1,000 or more.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently with
- Strong emotional intelligence, sensitivity, and listening
- Eagerness to learn and openness to coaching
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and
with colleagues across an organization
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature judgement and experience working with complex,
- Ability to manage one’s time well, while being part of a highly
productive office environment
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental
benefits including HSA and 401K
- Paid sick time, vacation days and paid holidays.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
Please submit a cover letter with your
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply
by February 15th.
Silver Hill Hospital
208 Valley Road, New Canaan, CT 06840
Silver Hill Hospital has mandated the COVID-19
vaccination for all staff, contractors, consultants, students and
volunteers. For more information, or accommodation questions,
please reach out to the Human Resources Department.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age,
disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by