Job Description Summary
Oversees Stewardship, Recognition, Communications, and Events in
support of Allina Health’s strategic philanthropic priorities. This
role is responsible for envisioning and leading execution for key
areas of interface with benefactors, partners, and internal teams
to provide a consistent experience with The Office of Philanthropy
and Allina Health.
- Defines and executes the Allina Health Philanthropy benefactor
experience through stewardship, recognition, communications, and
- Leads system initiatives to represent a single, strategic
approach to stakeholder engagement within Allina Health
- Serves as a member of the Office of Philanthropy Leadership
- Develops and implements key stakeholder experience strategies
on behalf of Allina Health Philanthropy.
- Develops and executes a strategic system approach to stewarding
and engaging varied audiences including annual giving, principal
and major gift, and planned gift optimizing programmatic and
individual benefactor stewardship strategies.
- Creates and manages a single, enterprise standard recognition
program aligned with the Allina brand and honoring local
- Interfaces with Allina Health communication and external
relations teams in creating consistent benefactor engagement and
recognition program aligned with the enterprise strategies and
initiatives of Allina Health.
- Oversees Communication specialist(s) aligned with Allina’s
brand and public relations including fundraising marketing
materials, proposals, communication plans, event scripting, digital
and web capabilities, etc.
- Oversees Events focused on informing benefactors and
prospective benefactors of Allina Health’s strategic funding
priorities at enterprise, regional, and local unit levels.
- Manages all Stewardship, recognition, communications, and
events employees and holds them accountable for role
responsibilities, competencies, individual performance and goals.
- Conducts ongoing coaching, review assessment, training, and
education of staff.
- Responsible for engagement of employees and contributing to
annual department-wide engagement plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, fundraising or related degree
- Master's degree in business, fundraising or related degree
- 7+ years Fundraising experience with a proven track record
raising major gifts and/or experience in leading a comprehensive,
dynamic benefactor engagement program required and
- 7+ years Managing philanthropic operations, budgets and balance
sheets of a complex nonprofit organization required and
- 7+ years Supervisory or management experience required
- Certified Fund Raising Executive preferred