Telamon is an eleven-state, non-profit corporation
headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina serving communities for
55 years. Telamon's mission is to provide educational services
that lead to better jobs, better lives, and better
communities. Telamon provides programs and services in three
areas, Early Childhood and Family Support, Workforce Career
Services, and Housing & Financial Empowerment.
Reporting the Senior Vice President, Resource Development,
develops and implements the branding, marketing and digital
strategies for the organization and its lines of business.
Collaboratively develops and delivers the core messages to
customers, funders, partners, and the public to raise awareness and
increase philanthropic revenue that will maximize Telamon-TRC’s
impact in all service areas. Act as the organization’s brand
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and implements the branding, marketing and digital
strategies to raise awareness and increase philanthropic revenue
for the organization and its lines of business.
2. Manages social media platforms and coordinates social media
messaging with designated program staff.
3. Develops and delivers the core messages to customers,
funders, partners, and the public that maximize Telamon-TRC’s
impact in all service areas.
4. Works with corporate leadership to maintain crisis
communication plan. Participates in planning response strategies in
5. Produces organization-wide marketing products, including the
annual report, social media and website, video production, and
training on branding standards and marketing topics.
6. Oversees the development of line-of-business marketing
materials developed collaboratively by designated staff in program
7. Develops, organizes, and maintains a portfolio of branding
assets and marketing products to support efficient access to all
lines of business. Promotes use of branding standards throughout
8. Manages the organization’s relationship with marketing and
communication vendors to ensure a consistent, professional
presentation of Telamon-TRC branding in digital, print, and
promotional product offerings.
9. Advises the Resource Development team, internal customers,
and community partners to develop and produce marketing
10. Presents information and training on marketing topics and
the Telamon-TRC mission to external and internal audiences.
Represents Telamon-TRC at public meetings, hearings, and forums
related to communications and public relations.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is expected
to train or explain work procedures to others.
Education and Experience Requirements
• A Bachelor's Degree is required. A communication or marketing
degree is preferred.
• A combination of three years of experience in marketing and
• Nonprofit sector experience is preferred.
• Communications experience that demonstrates a blend of
programmatic and strategic level accomplishment.
• Ability to coach and support operations employees and managers
as implementers of the Telamon TRC brand.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Work is performed both in an office environment and
• Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to the
• Driving/sitting for prolonged periods of time.
• Occasional exposure to adverse weather conditions.
• Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the
requirements of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.