The Wounded Warrior Project’s (WWP) Development Manager -
Foundations is responsible for driving the revenue growth of
Foundations by leading and managing grant-related fundraising and
stewardship activities for individual, family, community, and
corporate foundations. The Development Manager - Foundations
provides expertise and technical leadership and supports the
foundation team to maximize the return on investment and advises
the Director of Development on goals for the long-term strategy to
support the strategic plan and annual business plan for program
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Drive the growth of gross and net revenues for
- Effectively articulate, verbally and in writing, WWP’s history,
mission, vision, and programs to potential funding sources.
- Identify potential grant sources and supervise the execution of
grant proposals. Manage the writing of high-quality grant proposal
narratives, applications, and supporting documents.
- Develop and execute targeted cultivation efforts to build
relationships with a range of grant makers and foundation
- Present new funding opportunities to senior leadership for
consideration and approval.
- Oversee acknowledgement of all grants including grant agreement
compliance, progress and final reports, and other necessary
- Provide leadership and management to the foundation fundraising
team members including selecting, developing, and managing a highly
functional team and ensuring high performance.
- Work closely with internal teams such as Program Metrics,
Accounting, Communications and Executive Team for continued
research and investment in foundation efforts.
- Analyze the existing database and develop specific strategies
to increase engagement. Develop and utilize tracking model
and report on overall activity and results.
- Provide monthly and quarterly revenue projections and
- Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive foundation
marketing program including direct mail, electronic and web-based
strategies. Develop measurements to evaluate success of
marketing activities as they relate to prospect lead
- Manage overall trends in giving with support from analytics
team. Identify trends in current database with regards to
forecasting for ROI reporting.
- Initiate ongoing improvements with reporting and system
enhancements with appropriate teams.
- Communicate status of projects, findings, and trends to
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to monitor, compile,
and analyze data to guide decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop
and maintain professional relationships and build successful and
- Ability to communicate technical information and requirements
to teammates and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate, monitor workload
and analyze work processes and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and educate foundations
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated
ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and meet
deadlines. Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize,
delegate, and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and
- Demonstrated understanding of Wounded Warrior Project and its
mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of these
programs and services on wounded warriors and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of military service organizations
(MSOs) and veteran service organizations (VSOs).
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, e.g.,
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Seven years of experience in grant writing, development, or
- Five years in development leadership or equivalent
- Five years of experience working with Foundation Directory,
Salesforce, or similar database.
- Five years of demonstrated achievement identifying,
cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding foundation donors.
- Five years of experience working in non-profit
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or
related field. Equivalent combination of applicable education,
training, certification, and experience may be considered in lieu
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Grant Professional Certification (GPC).
- General office environment: temperature controlled.
- Up to 50% travel.