UConn Global Affairs is seeking applicants for a Global
Engagement & Outreach Manager (Publicity/Marketing
Administrator). Under the direction of the Director for Global
Partnerships & Outreach, this position will lead the
communication, global engagement, and outreach effort efforts for
the Office of Global Affairs. The incumbent will help develop and
implement a cohesive communications strategy for Global Affairs and
also provide support for the expansion of entrepreneurial
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans promotional strategies and develops marketing plan
designed to attract target audiences or other potential users of
departmental programs, events, or services.
- Promote and foster internal and external relations through
digital and print communications with constituent groups and
individuals. Communicate opportunities and facilitate UConn faculty
and student access and engagement with global networks and
- Develop, plan, administer, and evaluate workshops, training
programs, competitions, and other events, in accordance with the
Office of Global Affairs’ goals and in relation to engagement with
networks and global partners. Hold information sessions for
- Designs and produces promotional materials including writing
copy for press releases, remarks, feature articles (in
story-telling style), informational listings, and other publicity
materials; proofread written copy, checking for facts, analysis,
grammar, and readability.
- Prepare applications, presentations, proposals, and reports for
submission to global networks. Represent Global Affairs at meetings
and events related to network and partner engagement.
- Assist with the development, planning, coordination, and
execution of proposals and resultant entrepreneurial and
- Performs marketing studies to evaluate effectiveness, including
cost-effectiveness, of promotional efforts.
- Manages websites and participates in and/or leads regular
meetings with internal units to discuss communications strategy.
Performs related work as required.
- Design, schedule, and produce monthly e-newsletters to global
partners, marketing brochures, posters, advertising flyers,
presentations, reports, and other informational materials. Maintain
and update mailing lists and other necessary records. Maintain
records of promotional activities for each event and evaluate the
success of campaigns.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Four to five years of related experience.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong
attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Experience planning international competitions and/or
coordinating proposal submissions.
- Team-oriented, with the ability to work independently and to
- Demonstrated experience with website maintenance and advanced
knowledge of WordPress (PageBuilder, HTML, and CSS).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Visio) and relational databases (Airtable).
- Willingness to work some evening or weekend hours. Ability to
travel internationally for work.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships across sectors
(academia, governmental, and non-governmental organizations).
- Experience in a university setting, working collaboratively
with faculty, students, and staff.
- Experience managing staff and project deliverables.
This is a full-time, 12-month appointment, with a Monday-Friday,
8:30-4:30 pm schedule. The position is on-site at the Storrs, CT
campus. During the pandemic, we are following a hybrid work
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon
the successful candidate’s compliance with the
University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination
Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are
required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and
condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral
has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the
successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff
Positions, Search #496007 to upload a resume,
cover letter, writing sample and/or
portfolio link, and contact information for three
(3) professional references. Applicants that do not
submit all the requested materials will not be considered. The
cover letter, resume, and writing sample should be thoughtful and
demonstrate how the applicant meets the minimum and preferred
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m.
Eastern time on February 19, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of
Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and
supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students,
faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff
continues to increase, as does the number of honors students,
valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their
top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the
University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions,
leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research
universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to
fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse
University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment
Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women,
veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally