Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This
simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50
years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business
and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of
enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the
keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low
literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable
political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate
change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even
more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the
world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are
amazing...when incomes increase and living conditions for families
get better, they are able to access health care and education
previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are
The Sr. Analyst will serve as the lead on prospect
identification and research within our Private Fundraising Team.
The ideal applicant is curious, detail-oriented, skilled at working
with data and within databases, able to analyze and synthesize
data, and understands the needs of fundraisers. The Sr. Analyst,
Prospect Research understands and commits to the mission of
TechnoServe and is excited to help advance that mission through
fundraising. This position reports to the Vice President,
Development & Communications.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Complete donor and prospect research and create concise
research profiles distilled from biographical information,
financial data, news, philanthropic history and other sources.
- Proactively identify, research, and qualify existing donors,
across donor types, to help relationship managers prioritize and
grow their portfolios.
- Provide research profiles and strategy documents for events and
meetings, to assist relationship managers in prospect
Portfolio Management & Prospect Engagement
- Conduct portfolio reviews with managers to help them prioritize
prospects and add and remove prospects as appropriate.
- Work with the Major Gifts team to help identify &
brainstorm cultivation strategies and activities.
- Provide administrative support for donor cultivation events
(i.e. logistics, registrations, follow-up) and year end campaign
(i.e. letters, email follow-up).
- Work with direct mail and digital marketing teams to help
Data & System Maintenance
- Manage mass screenings of existing donors. Ensure data is
captured and utilized to its fullest extent to help relationship
managers prioritize their portfolios and deepen their relationships
with donors and prospects.
- Review, modify, and in some cases develop, systems for data
entry that will allow for optimum reporting.
- During research, update Raisers Edge with relevant information
to ensure strong data maintenance.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and consultants providing
support to the research function.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s Degree +3 years of
- Experience with a broad range of prospect research tools and
- Experience working with a CRM system and prospect
identification, research and evaluation systems
- Proficiency in Blackbaud tools (Raisers Edge, ReNXT,
ResearchPoint, Target Analytics)
- Proficiency in Google Suite tools (Docs, Sheets, Slides,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Evidence of strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Rapid problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Commitment to confidentiality and handling prospect information
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to