Deputy Director, Organizational Strengthening
- TCC Group
- New York, United States
- $175,000.00 - $230,000.00
- Closing date
- May 14, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Prospect Research, Programs, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Program Administration and Management
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Who We Are
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our people. We are a diverse group of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People join the TCC team to make an impact; are engaged, driven, and inspired by the work we do.
TCC Group is currently in growth mode and therefore researching and developing new ways to build on our current assets and move us into the next stage in our organizational life cycle. In our efforts towards this, we are seeking a seasoned senior leader with deep social sector consulting experience and an entrepreneurial mind- and skillset to join our firm as Deputy Director, Organizational Strengthening.
In this role, the Deputy Director, Organizational Strengthening will contribute to our business development efforts by leveraging their extensive experience and deep connections with an array of foundations, nonprofits, and/or companies. In collaboration with organizational leaders, they will lead and build teams to develop and offer a range of organizational strengthening services, such as assessments, capacity building programs (working with funders, consultants, and non-profits), customized tools, products, and services, and other client consulting engagements, to the social sector (institutions, coalitions, etc.).
TCC Group has offices in New York and Philadelphia and will primarily be seeking candidates in these locations; however, we will consider qualified candidates in other US locations who are comfortable with regular trips to New York and frequent national travel.
Note: TCC requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and will require proof of vaccination.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Business Development (45%)
- Bringing business to the firm by identifying prospective clients, overseeing proposal drafting, leading sales meetings, and “closing the deal.”
- Representing the firm by speaking on panels at conferences and serving on committees of infrastructure organizations and professional networks.
- Bringing positive attention to the firm by serving as a “thought leader” in the field by publishing papers, articles, blogs, and disseminating knowledge.
- Refining and updating a vision for the Organizational Strengthening Service, including desired social impact, priority audiences, capacity needs, and growth trajectory, in coordination with other leaders at the Firm.
- Developing annual Service Operating Plan and ensuring strategies are implemented and goals are met.
Product Development and Marketing (15%)
- Playing a key leadership role in the development and implementation of TCC Group marketing strategies, especially related to Organizational Strengthening.
- Overseeing the development and marketing of products, tools, and associated services through business plan development, market testing, and ongoing assessment and improvement. Tools (found on our website) include the CCAT, the FCCAT, the Relational Capacity Tool.
Leading Client Engagements (25%)
- Serving as the project lead on multiple projects. Includes –
- Overseeing, developing, monitoring and integral involvement in all aspects of the consulting assignment, project work plans and budgets.
- Overseeing research and conducting interviews as needed.
- Managing client relationships through regular communications and meetings preparing and making presentations to clients, as well as writing and editing client reports and other communications.
- Overseeing the design and field dissemination of quantitative and qualitative assessment tools.
- Planning and facilitating board meetings, and other stakeholder and observer meetings.
Firm and Team Leadership (15%)
- Integral member of the firm’s Leadership, sharing responsibility for ensuring the firm’s financial health, human asset nourishment, and social impact goals are achieved.
- Building an Organizational Strengthening service team – managing and/or supporting the recruitment of team members.
- Supervising, mentoring, and investing in the growth of service team – includes ensuring appropriate training and professional development of team, as well as other organizational retention efforts.
- Graduate degree (M.B.A. or M.P.A) in Organizational Development or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 15 - 20 years’ experience in the social sector and/or consulting, working with funders and non-profits.
- A minimum of eight (8) years in a management role with proven success in organizational and team leadership.
- A minimum of eight (8) years in a supervisory role – managing multiple employees, directly and/or indirectly; as well as mentoring employees.
- A strong professional network in the philanthropic, nonprofit, or corporate social responsibility sector, with demonstrated success at leveraging that network to increase visibility of a project or organization.
- A passionate visionary, and experienced “thought leader’’ with a proven track record of developing, designing, and delivering effective organizational strengthening content (for workshops, conferences, articles, etc.) and services to the social sector.
- A change manager – forward thinking with an expansive understanding of the complexities of a rapidly shifting social sector; and demonstrated ability to oversee, build, and grow new opportunities, and enhance TCC Group’s strong reputation for systems and sector building/strengthening.
- Demonstrated client service and analytical mindset – demonstrated intellectual curiosity, creativity, strategic thinking, and a strong desire and capacity to work with a wide variety of clients and situations.
- A skilled communicator and public speaker – demonstrated facilitation and communication (written and verbal) skills, as well as strong interpersonal relationship building skills (with internal and external stakeholders at all levels).
- A dynamic team leader/builder – well versed in building/rebuilding teams, delegation, prioritization/reprioritization, and effective conflict resolution.
- A commitment to the firm’s growth, excellence, and its inspired, nourished work force.
- Willingness and ability to travel to our NYC office and other parts of the US for business.
- Prior experience building/leading an organization or business initiative.
- Prior experience leading or as part of a team leading an organizational restructuring.
To Apply: Please go to our website career page and click on the link. Submit a cover letter and resume. Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
TCC Group offers a competitive and equitable total compensation package. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer match, disability, life insurance, a generous paid time off, and more. The salary range for this position is $175,000 - $230,000, commensurate with experience.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert