Who We Are
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social
problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B
Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and
companies to propel positive social change through strategy,
capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication,
management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for
social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities
and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and
applying and sharing our experience with the field.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our
people. We are a diverse group of inspired
problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our
collective contribution to building an effective social sector.
People join the TCC team to make an impact; are engaged, driven,
and inspired by the work we do.
TCC Group is currently in growth mode and therefore researching
and developing new ways to build on our current assets and move us
into the next stage in our organizational life cycle. In our
efforts towards this, we are seeking a seasoned senior leader with
deep social sector consulting experience and an entrepreneurial
mind- and skillset to join our firm as Deputy Director,
In this role, the Deputy Director, Organizational
Strengthening will contribute to our business development
efforts by leveraging their extensive experience and deep
connections with an array of foundations, nonprofits, and/or
companies. In collaboration with organizational leaders, they will
lead and build teams to develop and offer a range of organizational
strengthening services, such as assessments, capacity building
programs (working with funders, consultants, and non-profits),
customized tools, products, and services, and other client
consulting engagements, to the social sector (institutions,
TCC Group has offices in New York and Philadelphia and will
primarily be seeking candidates in these locations; however, we
will consider qualified candidates in other US locations who are
comfortable with regular trips to New York and frequent national
Note: TCC requires all employees to be vaccinated for
COVID-19 and will require proof of vaccination.
Strategic Business Development (45%)
- Bringing business to the firm by identifying prospective
clients, overseeing proposal drafting, leading sales meetings, and
“closing the deal.”
- Representing the firm by speaking on panels at conferences and
serving on committees of infrastructure organizations and
- Bringing positive attention to the firm by serving as a
“thought leader” in the field by publishing papers, articles,
blogs, and disseminating knowledge.
- Refining and updating a vision for the Organizational
Strengthening Service, including desired social impact, priority
audiences, capacity needs, and growth trajectory, in coordination
with other leaders at the Firm.
- Developing annual Service Operating Plan and ensuring
strategies are implemented and goals are met.
Product Development and Marketing (15%)
- Playing a key leadership role in the development and
implementation of TCC Group marketing strategies, especially
related to Organizational Strengthening.
- Overseeing the development and marketing of products, tools,
and associated services through business plan development, market
testing, and ongoing assessment and improvement. Tools (found on
our website) include the CCAT, the FCCAT, the Relational Capacity
Leading Client Engagements (25%)
- Serving as the project lead on multiple projects. Includes
- Overseeing, developing, monitoring and integral involvement in
all aspects of the consulting assignment, project work plans and
- Overseeing research and conducting interviews as needed.
- Managing client relationships through regular communications
and meetings preparing and making presentations to clients, as well
as writing and editing client reports and other
- Overseeing the design and field dissemination of quantitative
and qualitative assessment tools.
- Planning and facilitating board meetings, and other stakeholder
and observer meetings.
Firm and Team Leadership (15%)
- Integral member of the firm’s Leadership, sharing
responsibility for ensuring the firm’s financial health, human
asset nourishment, and social impact goals are achieved.
- Building an Organizational Strengthening service team –
managing and/or supporting the recruitment of team members.
- Supervising, mentoring, and investing in the growth of service
team – includes ensuring appropriate training and professional
development of team, as well as other organizational retention
- Graduate degree (M.B.A. or M.P.A) in Organizational Development
or related field OR equivalent combination of education and
- 15 - 20 years’ experience in the social sector and/or
consulting, working with funders and non-profits.
- A minimum of eight (8) years in a management role with proven
success in organizational and team leadership.
- A minimum of eight (8) years in a supervisory role – managing
multiple employees, directly and/or indirectly; as well as
- A strong professional network in the philanthropic, nonprofit,
or corporate social responsibility sector, with demonstrated
success at leveraging that network to increase visibility of a
project or organization.
- A passionate visionary, and experienced “thought leader’’ with
a proven track record of developing, designing, and delivering
effective organizational strengthening content (for workshops,
conferences, articles, etc.) and services to the social
- A change manager – forward thinking with an expansive
understanding of the complexities of a rapidly shifting social
sector; and demonstrated ability to oversee, build, and grow new
opportunities, and enhance TCC Group’s strong reputation for
systems and sector building/strengthening.
- Demonstrated client service and analytical mindset –
demonstrated intellectual curiosity, creativity, strategic
thinking, and a strong desire and capacity to work with a wide
variety of clients and situations.
- A skilled communicator and public speaker – demonstrated
facilitation and communication (written and verbal) skills, as well
as strong interpersonal relationship building skills (with internal
and external stakeholders at all levels).
- A dynamic team leader/builder – well versed in
building/rebuilding teams, delegation,
prioritization/reprioritization, and effective conflict
- A commitment to the firm’s growth, excellence, and its
inspired, nourished work force.
- Willingness and ability to travel to our NYC office and other
parts of the US for business.
- Prior experience building/leading an organization or business
- Prior experience leading or as part of a team leading an
To Apply: Please go to our website career page
and click on the
link. Submit a cover letter and resume. Note:
Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
TCC Group offers a competitive and equitable total compensation
package. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health
insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer match, disability,
life insurance, a generous paid time off, and more. The
salary range for this position is $175,000 - $230,000, commensurate
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the
firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm
does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any
legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race,
color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status,
sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status,
age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's
ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job
position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will
provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits
and other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.