Working under the supervision of the Senior Director of
Development & Major Gifts, the Manager of Institutional Giving
is a full-time employee responsible for managing the institutional
giving strategy which includes the grant proposal process. Key
activities include researching institutional funding prospects,
drafting proposals and reports, and managing the grants calendar.
Other development duties may be assigned as needed. The Manager of
Institutional Giving reports to the Senior Director of Development
& Major Gifts and is a member of the development staff.
The Manager of Institutional Giving will:
- Work with the Senior Director of Development & Major Gifts
to cultivate new institutional funding prospects and steward
existing institutional donors.
- Be responsible for conducting the full range of activities
required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to
foundation, corporate and government sources.
- Develop an understanding of institutional history and programs
as well as organizational history with institutional funders.
- Perform prospect research and provide evaluations of possible
funders to the Senior Director of Development & Major Gifts and
appropriate program staff.
- Consult with the Senior Director of Development & Major
Gifts and program staff to develop strategies to align with funder
- Draft and edit proposals and secure appropriate reviews prior
to submission as needed.
- Review and update the grants calendar to guarantee timely
submission of proposals.
- Maintain up-to-date files of customary attachments for grant
proposals such as audited statements and relevant media
- Inform appropriate staff when grants are secured and ensure
compliance with all reporting that may be required by institutional
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects and meet
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive
- Familiarity with research techniques and knowledge of
fundraising information sources for prospect research.
- Able to work well in a small team environment.
LJP staff is currently working in hybrid mode due to the
COVID-19 pandemic. At the time of this posting, this job is
designed as hybrid. Workplace attendance criteria is still being
determined as conditions continue to evolve. This is not a
permanently remote position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a Union position and salary is determined by a
Collective Bargaining Agreement. The salary range for
this position is based on years of experience, starting at $75,967
for five (5) years of experience.
LJP offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes health,
dental, vision, life, long-term disability, and a voluntary 403(b)
retirement plan, as well as generous paid time off benefits.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested
applicants are encouraged to apply right away.