A Career with the Steven & Alexandra Cohen Foundation
The Steven & Alexandra Cohen Foundation is committed to
inspiring philanthropy and community service – with a special
interest in children’s health, education, veterans, Lyme Disease,
and the arts – by creating awareness, offering guidance, and
leading by example to show the world what giving can do.
The Steven & Alexandra Cohen Foundation, Point72’s Community
Matters team, and the Amazin’ Mets Foundation share leadership and
often collaborate on initiatives to strengthen their collective
efforts. This exciting opportunity offers you the ability to work
within a highly collaborative team across multiple organizations,
where no two days are the same.
What you’ll do
We’re looking to add a Health Research Analyst to our team. In
this role, you will oversee critical aspects of the Foundation’s
grantmaking portfolio under the direction of the Senior Program
Officer, Executive Director and Foundation’s President, Alexandra
Cohen. You will be responsible for supporting Foundation leadership
in analyzing data, conducting health-related research, sourcing and
guiding due diligence on grantees, and supporting grantees
throughout the grant period to ensure optimal results. The position
will focus on one of the largest grantees of the Foundation, which
operates in the veteran’s mental health space. Specifically, you
- In consultation with Foundation leadership, design and execute
data analysis and research projects for the health and human
services portfolios with a focus on veteran’s mental health.
- Monitor and evaluate operational and performance metrics of the
Foundation’s largest grantee and forecast operational demand and
- Conduct an external landscape analysis of comparable mental
health and veteran’s healthcare operations to benchmark practices
and performance metrics.
- Regularly summarize findings of analyses and help present
results to Foundation leadership.
- Analyze internal and external Compliance-approved data sources
for other health and human services sectors (e.g., infectious
diseases, adolescent mental health), prepare summary reports and
visualizations, and discuss findings with Foundation leadership to
- Support financial and programmatic analysis of grantee reports
(e.g., analysis, visualizations) in the health and human services
- Research and understand the landscape of stakeholders (e.g.,
potential grantees, governmental programs, beneficiaries,
communities) and intervention approaches in veteran’s health and
other health-related sectors.
- Incorporate data, statistical, or economic modeling tools and
techniques as needed.
- Assist with data gathering and analysis from external sources
(e.g. government statistics).
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 -6 years’ experience in health or human services research or
- Strong technical skills including Excel, MS Word, and
PowerPoint. Ability to create and design PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and/or organizational
- Demonstrated ability to communicate confidently and effectively
with executive and senior stakeholders, including c-levels and
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Based in either the Stamford, CT or New York, NY office
- The Foundation currently operates a hybrid-remote work model,
providing employees the flexibility to work from home two days per
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their
well-being. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Non-profit matching gift program
- Support for employee-led affinity groups representing women,
minorities and the LGBT+ community
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more