About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies over 1 million
smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to
make their farms more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from
diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six
core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by
providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking
distance of farmers' homes, and agricultural training to improve
harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food
after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our
Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund is growing fast: we aim to more than double in
scale within the next five years. This growth will be fueled by
fundraising. We are looking for a passionate professional with
project and relationship management experience to join the Business
You will immediately take on ownership of our mid-level donor
portfolio (donors giving between $5K and $100K per year), assist
the CEO with outreach to high-value donors, and help coordinate our
Annual Gala. This is a career-track position, with multiple
pathways to management based on performance and preference.
Relationship Manager of mid-level donor portfolio
- Lead the mid-level donor program for the Business Development
team and develop a fundraising strategy aimed at growing revenue
from this donor segment.
- Over time, build a pipeline of new prospective donors through
research and networking and convert them into new One Acre Fund
- Create a year-round stewardship calendar for mid-level donors
and prospects to ensure that they receive appropriate and timely
- Coordinate annual donation renewal process for mid-level
- Ensure accurate tracking of mid-level donor information and
reporting requirements in Salesforce
- Over time, develop strategies aimed at advancing mid-level
donors into higher levels of giving
Stewardship of One Acre Fund's High-Value Donors
- Coordinate closely with One Acre Fund’s CEO each quarter to
ensure timely distribution of donor outreach materials to One Acre
Fund's high-value donors.
- Propose potential topics/themes to the CEO for inclusion in the
quarterly donor outreach
- Maintain the CEO's donor contact list ensuring that addresses
and contact information is up-to-date
- Coordinate the production and distribution of the end-of-year
holiday gifts for One Acre Fund's high-value donors, coordinating
closely with the Communications Department and the CEO
Event Support (15%)
- Play a key role in helping coordinate One Acre Fund’s Annual
Gala which raises roughly $800k
- Plan and support other fundraising events as needed
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership
skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit
significant time to your career development. We provide constant,
actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through
regular management, consulting-style career reviews and weekly
one-on-one meetings. One Acre Fund prioritizes retaining talent and
provides ample opportunity for you to build a rewarding long-term
Across all roles, these are the
general qualifications we look for.
For this role specifically, we are looking for someone with 5 to
10+ years of work experience and a passion for international
development. Additional qualifications include:
- Fluency in the business of fundraising and ability to
communicate with donors about financial sustainability, return on
investment, impact per donor dollar, etc.
- Experience in global development a plus, preferably in One Acre
Fund operating areas
- People-orientated with a passion for building relationships
externally and internally
- Experience in novel digital fundraising strategies (e.g.
- Willingness and ability to travel. When safe to do so, you will
have approximately 15-30 nights per year of travel, half or more
international. The dates of travel are flexible.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Eligible for full benefits package to include 100% health
insurance premium coverage, 5 weeks of paid vacation plus 11
federal holidays, parental leave, 401k, and a flexible work
Must have existing rights to work in the United States.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money
or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Please
report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com)
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply
connected to our organization's mission. One Acre Fund aspires to
build a culture where all staff feel represented and valued – so
that our team can grow as professionals and achieve impact for the
farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability,
gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal