One Mind seeks a passionate and seasoned Grant Writer to join
our successful and expanding development team. We seek a motivated
team player who is interested in increasing our national impact in
the field of mental health. Reporting to the Director of
Development, the Grant Writer will write compelling, coherent, and
organized proposals for six and seven figure major gifts that will
enable the organization to reach our fundraising
Grant proposals will be written for private donors, foundations,
and corporations. Preference will be given to applicants who can
show a proven track record of writing proposals for all three types
of donors that have led to securing multi-year major gifts of
$300,000 and above.
You will apply your knowledge of fundraising strategies and
collaborate with team members and key stakeholders in the
organization. To ensure success you need to write well, have
proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and be committed to
our vision and mission. Applicants must be deadline-driven team
players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Learn One Mind’s programs, goals, and financial needs to
develop compelling proposals, seek new funding opportunities, and
report on funding impact.
- Work closely with staff members to synthesize program
activities, data, and financials for proposals and reports.
- Manage grant and report timeline and delivery. Ensure
compliance with all funder guidelines in grant submission and
- Perform prospect research on individuals, foundations and
corporations to evaluate prospects for additional grants.
- Awareness of potential funding sources in the mental health
- Perform prospect research and create donor profiles.
- Added duties may include working with an executive board,
planning fund-raising campaigns/projects.
- May be requested to assist other One Mind staff in with
marketing and communication materials as needed.
- Proven track record in writing grant proposals for private
individuals, foundations and corporations that have resulted in
securing multi-year major gifts of $300,000 and above.
- 5 or more years grant writing experience, preferably in a
non-profit and educational institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, or a similar
major. Preference given to a master’s degree or certificates such
as American Grant Writers' Association (AGWA).
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Outstanding grammar and research skills are essential.
Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills.
Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple assignments
and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and in a
collaborative team environment.
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree
Anywhere in the United States, working
Salary is dependent on experience, qualifications, and
credentials. Full benefits package provided.
About One Mind
One Mind accelerates collaborative research and advocacy to
enable all individuals facing brain health challenges to build
healthy, productive lives. Influenced by their son Brandon’s
schizophrenia diagnosis, Shari and Garen Staglin launched One Mind
in 1995 to bridge the gaps that they saw in mental health research
funding and patient support. Since then, One Mind has become the
leading brain health nonprofit committed to healing the lives of
people impacted by brain illness. and injury through global,
Twenty-six years of world-leading discoveries by One Mind’s
funded scientists have yielded fertile opportunities to change the
lives of people who struggle with brain health. Now is the time to
accelerate our research agenda and to make those advances available
Please send the following as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- 3-4 writing samples of grant proposals that secured major gifts
of at least $300,000
- Please note: Grant Writing Companies need not apply