Mizzou Advancement is looking for the connectors, the believers
that all things are possible when passionate people come together
for a common goal.
Are you that person? If so, come and join a growing team of
connectors who are building a brighter future for the University of
Missouri, an institution on the rise as it takes a stronger
foothold in research and health care to address today’s grand
challenges. Mizzou is a place where Big Ideas are taking hold.
Advancement finds the Big Dreamers that make it all possible.
We present an exciting opportunity with the Regional Advancement
team. The Senior Director of Advancement will join an enthusiastic
and energetic team committed to connecting Big Ideas and Big
Dreamers. The ideal candidate is a seasoned, independent-working,
motivated individual who will use best fundraising practices to
bring donors together for the greater good through the University
Best practices to identify, evaluate, cultivate, solicit and
steward prospective and current donors, alumni and friends of the
University with a philanthropic capacity of $50k and higher will
lead this candidate to success. This experienced candidate, with a
proven record of securing major and planned gifts, is expected to
have a high level of annual productivity for contacts, visits,
proposals presented and closed. Through a collaborative
approach, this candidate will partner with Advancement colleagues
in the schools, colleges and programs to coordinate strategy and
This is a non-supervisory remote position based in
the Chicago area and will work out of their home
within the territory. Regular trips to campus (minimum of 4) to
engage with Advancement and campus colleagues are required. This
position will report to the Executive Director of Regional
- Identify, evaluate, cultivate, solicit, and steward
prospective, current and past donors through personal visits and
various types of direct communication
- Foster meaningful relationships to cultivate and solicit major
and planned gifts at the $50,000 level and higher through a
portfolio of 60-100 individual donors.
- Approximate annual metrics for a Senior Director level position
- Minimum $2M+ raised
- 12-18 proposals presented; 7-15 closed
- 100-125 substantive visits (15-30 evaluation visits)
- 125+ substantive contacts
- Manage regular correspondence and proposals with prospective
- Successfully manage a portfolio of 60-100 individual donors,
creating a strategy for moving them through the charitable giving
- Responsible for contacting donors to request visits and
coordinate meeting arrangements.
- Coordinate individual travel and manage travel budget and
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively across campus
with unit Advancement colleagues, deans/leadership, faculty and
staff as well as central Advancement colleagues in Planned Giving,
Donor Relations, Mizzou Alumni Association, Mizzou Annual Fund, and
Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Use a data-driven approach for researching prospects and
- Assist with and participate in donor activities and events in
- Provide input and leadership in the development and
implementation of advancement goals and objectives and assure
alignment with the University’s priorities, mission, vision and
- Seek out and engage in professional development opportunities
to increase skills and knowledge of fundraising.
- Participate in Advancement staff meetings, prospect strategy
meetings, case management, annual planning, and regular check
ins/progress updates toward goals.
- Assist with training new staff through joint travel and