NPH USA serves more than 7,500 vulnerable children in Latin
America and the Caribbean by supporting the homes, health services
and schools of Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (Spanish for “Our Little
Brothers and Sisters”). If you are looking to make a dramatic
impact in the life of a child, this is the job for you. nphusa.org/impact
Summary of Opportunity:
The Donor Relations Officer builds and expands relationships
with new and existing donors to support the work of NPH
International. Within our donor-centered culture, you will manage a
portfolio of 80-120 donors and prospects, meeting personally with
donors whenever possible.
Your portfolio will include individuals, foundations,
businesses, and other organizations. You will support the
fundraising activity of Board members in the Midwest Area, identify
potential new donors, support Area fundraising events, and both
coordinate and accompany donors on visits to our NPH homes.
Your Impact & Contributions:
Under the guidance and direction of Area VP of Donor Relations,
this position will develop and enhance new and existing donor
relationships in the following ways:
- Increase the annual giving of donor portfolio consistent with
- Manage a portfolio advancing relationships with 80-120 donors
and prospective supporters in order to meet and exceed fundraising
- Cultivate relationships and solicit new and renewed gifts from
investors capable of making annual/major/planned gifts $5,000+
utilizing the moves-management process.
- Travel throughout assigned region to make prospect and donor
exploratory, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits.
- Assure that all interactions with donors and prospects are
recorded within the donor database.
- Research prospective donors and develop donor strategies to
engage and acquire new donors.
- Move potential donors in a timely fashion towards solicitation
- Develop meaningful opportunities for stewarding donors.
- Work with volunteers to assist in engaging and cultivating
donors as appropriate.
- Attend NPH events, and travel to NPH homes as required and/or
- Five or more years of successful nonprofit fundraising
experience in annual/major/planned gift solicitation and portfolio
- A proven record securing major gifts
- A detail-oriented team collaborator who can translate strategy
- Superb relationship management, interpersonal, digital, written
and oral communication skills
- The ability to inspire, positively influence and engage
volunteers and donors
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to
- Ability to maintain timely and complete record of activities,
results and planned follow up
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential
- High energy and passion for NPH USA’s mission
- Knowledge and experience of Salesforce donor database and MS
office is preferred
- Must be willing to travel locally and internationally as
- Bachelor’s degree required
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include
specific salary requirements. Please no phone calls or outside
agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value
diversity in the workplace and encourage applicants from all
backgrounds to apply.