The Seeing Eye, the world’s oldest organization devoted to
breeding, raising, and training dogs to work as guides for blind
people, has an opportunity available for a Donor Relations - Gift
Officer at its main campus in Morristown, New Jersey.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Donor Relations, the successful
candidate will be responsible for cultivating gifts of $5,000 and
above from prospective and current donors with a focus on planned
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospective and current
donors in North America.
- Research current and prospective donors and apply acquired
knowledge to enable successful donor cultivation and achievement of
annual gift targets.
- Grow and oversee planned giving program through regular donor
contact, outreach materials, personal visits, and recognition
- Keep timely and accurate records of donor communications in
- Engage prospects and donors with well-written communications,
including financial calculations and legal requirements.
- Invite prospective/current donors to campus, conduct tours,
and/or personally visit these donors in their hometowns.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with Donor &
Public Relations team, Leadership Team, and key volunteers.
- Oversee donor cultivation and fundraising events.
- Identify, coordinate, and provide follow-up after special
events to cultivate new donors.
- Ten years of experience in fundraising and development
- Ideal experience will show evidence of one's professional
growth through roles of increasing responsibility and
accomplishments in those roles which consistently met or exceeded
goals and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-honed communication skills as reflected in candidates
writing and ability to speak in public forums
- Ability to build enduring relationships between donors and The
- High degree of self-initiative
- Strong time management skills
- Commitment to team success
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office with proficiency as a
Raisers Edge user desirable
- Ability to travel for day-trips for donor visits throughout
NY/NJ/CT/PA and some multi-day travel trips, mostly within the
Interested applicants should send a cover letter,
including salary requirements, and resume.